WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yay... I've Got A Life!

For the past couple of months, we have attended nothing but colourful parties with equally colourful cartoon character cakes, balloons everywhere, popping every now and then and not forgetting those big silly smelly mascots that talks without moving its lips walking around terrorising kids (as well as SOME adults).
***
I was despair for a while when the truth was revealed. The truth that, I don't have a LIFE!!! How devastating! Children parties? Oh gosh... how pathetic can that be?

Thank God for a dear friend (who is responsible for one of the many kiddy party, maybe she felt sorry for us, I dunno...) invited us to join them at this 'Raks Gothika' party hosted by Ritmo Latino in Salsa Havana in Federal Hotel. So, excitedly (me mostly), we braved the heavy rain & massive traffic jam, drove ourselves there last Friday to meet up with Alina & Mike and their friends, Sherene & Gan (a.k.a. oyster boy).

(The performers - Sakura Snow, The Banshees, Ariella, Percy from Mystique Moves)

The show was awesome. For a mere RM60 per person, we get dinner, one drink (house pouring/softdrink/mineral water), dance performances and end of the show, the whole dance floor to ourselves. The dance performances is not lou yah one ok... got standard one ok... Ariella is actually all the way from US. It was really nice.
***
There was 4 perfomances and most of it was of belly dancing. It was beyond fantastic/awesome. I never knew human can actually moves like that, more so a HE. I was really impressed. If someone would have taken a photo of me while I was watching the dance, they would most probably have caught me with my jaw dropped to my knees.


(Oyster Boy & Mike)

When Pat (Ritmo's Instructor) announced that the show has came to an end, and now we may come to front if we wish to take photos with the dancers, these two guys quickly flanked themselves against Percy from Mystique Moves, the most sexy belly dancer of the night. You see la... men.... I later told Pat that if she is gonna invite dancer like Percy again in the future, do let me know in advance so that I will leave Harrison at home... she just laughed her evil laugh.

This guy is the best. The way his body moves, my god... it was so graceful. Seriously, I really don't know how a man can moves like that *shaking head in disbelief*. At the end of the shows, Alina & I managed to have a photo session with him. We were immortalised by his mere presence which caused us to do a siow siow pose.

We are not 'high'. Trust me, the only alcoholic drink we had throughout the night was just ONE vodka lime and that's it. Or maybe plus another half glass of beer or something. Like what a friend used to say, 'we are just naturally high'. With good musics + good company, how can we not be HIGH? Hehehehe...

(Mike & Alina salsa-ing)


After all the performances, we have the dance floor all to ourselves. Harrison & I had fun salsa-ing away. It has been so long ago since we last danced. Not too bad. We still got the moves...hehehehe....

(Alina & Mike - dunno what they were doing)

(Me & Harrison - dunno what he was doing either)

Overall, we had a great night. Thank you, my friend, for inviting us. This Saturday, Ritmo is having another themed party. I just cant resist the 'glittering' theme. I am thinking of a super mini glittering silver/gold dress, coupled with glittering eyeliners and stardust all over. Anyone wanna go with me? Then we can glitter glitter sama-sama...:)

Or worst come to worst, maybe I will just date this 'GOLD MAN' along Jalan Bukit Bintang. I am sure he is glittering enough and will definately make a grand entrance! Hehehehehe

2 comments:

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

The lady in red has a sexy body.. Anyway, you have a wonderful life wt your frens.. Keep it up!

Redbabe said...

yalar.. too sexy for our men. hmmrrfff! lols