WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

T.T., Dinners, Ice Creams, Movies

Nothing much to update for the weekend. Went T.T. (Teh Tarik) with the Altezza people, dinners with my in-laws, watched some movies, had ice cream, and that's pretty much it. Easy & relaxing.
****
Last Friday, we had a T.T. session with Harrison's Altezza gang at this really cool place up in Bukit Teratai somewhere in Cheras. I think that's the place where Rachel's Life blogged about sometime ago. Despite of the hour long traffic jam caused by some stupid Friday night road block & traffic lights and the issue of of not having enough carparks, it was all well worth it when I was greeted with colourful shimmering lights far down below. It was the breathtaking night view of the KL. There were several cafes & restaurants there, with tables laid out at the open balcony overlooking the view far below. The weather up there was so cold after rain that Friday night. My teeth were chattering by time we were leaving way past midnight. The only pity was, I brought a camera without a SD card. Smart right...? Therefore, I am sorry, didnt managed to snap any photos for you to look see look see.
****
First part of Saturday was spent going over to my uncle's to settle some money issue. This one is another story altogether. Too lazy to talk about that one now. After that, I delivered the 'Ba Zang' (Dumpling) that I gotten from Malacca to Celine in Sunway. Celine is a full time mother of 2 toddlers (2+ & 9mths I think) without a maid. So you can imagine a constantly stressed and bewildered looking mommy in grandmother's bra & panty, who can't leave the house at all. That's our friend, Celine. The special Ba Zang delivery all the way from Malacca was a redemption for a guilt I felt (though it has got nothing to do with me) of how a friend treated her on our last gathering.
****
I felt bad how some people can be so immature and self centered to feel offended with minor issues which is totally irrelevant. Afterall, everyone have different lifestyle, different perceptions, different in anything. Does that really matters? The point is, we were friends and that's all. The rest are not important. But then again, immature people are everywhere these days. Now as I am typing this, I realised that the older they are, the more immature they are. Could it be cause as people age, they felt they are always right? That they are of greater and more superior beings compared to others and that others have to accommodate their every whine? This weekend alone, I've experienced and witness one immaturity drama from a full grown man (no, not harrison, he wont or AK-47 will start spraying his direction... :p *blek*).
****
So, besides the T.T. session, the guilt redemption delivery, dinner with in-laws, I've also watched 'The Lingerie' (canton), The Reader and Marley & Me. To summed it all up, 'The Lingerie' is a stupid cantonese show, The Reader is a 3-kap show where it has lots of sex scenes where I even get to see David Kross' dick :p (yeah, cultural shocked for me). Marley & Me on the other hand is really nice. It was happy at the beginning, funny in between and sad in the end when Marley died. I love this one. Marley really reminded me very much of Husky. By the way, Husky succeeded in digging out the red reflective plastic piece at the back of the electric scooter yesterday and chewed it into pieces. And today, he is beginning to dig out the plastic on the leg rest. Luckily I caught him in action. We have since moved the scooter to the back of our house. Nothing is safe around Husky. Just like Marley. Let's just hope he gets out of this chewing/eating frenzy soon. God knows what else gonna be targetted next.
****
Another sort of crazy thing we did today was, after dinner with my in-laws in KL, when it was still pouring heavily outside, Harrison and I decided to head down to Haadgen Daz along Bintang Walk. We parked our car near KL Plaza, walked with an umbrella, braved the heavy downpour, towards Haadgen Daz and ordered ourselves ice creams. It was nice. As the shop had a glass roof over it, it felt as if the rain is pouring down on us, and yet, no. Though it was freaking cold inside with the air conditional on, it was fun. Crazy sort of fun. At first, there was only us. But after awhile, few other couples came in. So we are not the only crazy ones. Anyway, we had some tea too and nothing beats a hot cup of tea after a freezing ice cream. hehehe...
****
Wanted to watch 'Yes Man' by Jim Carrey when we got home earlier but changed my mind to update this blog of mine instead cause the weather makes it irresistable. So I made myself comfortable, left the door opened so that the cool air can get in, switched off all the glaring lights and turned on these lovely lamps that cast beautiful shadows on the wall which we bought and hand carried all the way from Bali, and start updating my blog with this weekend happenings. Hopefully, this boring post will entertain you a bit till my next more inspiring topic. Goodnight.

(Nice? RM50 for all 3 of it. It's cheap or wat?)

6 comments:

Samantha said...

you know what, I actually prefer eating ice cream on a cold day rather than hot day. i don't know why but it feels kinda nice. Maybe it's because I won't melt so easily

Gerry said...

Your entry about Harri and you braving the rain to Haagen Daz touched me. Don't know why. It's truly beautiful how you keep sharing the beautiful moments of your life. Thank you! :)

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

I wonder y so many ppl view my blog these few days.. Haha.. Its U who intro my blog actually.. Thanks! How is the view at Hulu Langat? Do u like it? Miss that place now.. hope can go there again to take the nice photo again..

Redbabe said...

Hehehe....you are welcome rachel. yeah, i wanna go again to take photo with my new camera. the place i went is called Bukit Teratai la... not sure if it is the same place. pretty happening one...

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

Yup.. think cant run out of it.. Should be that.. it has 2 restaurant (chinese + western food) rite?

Redbabe said...

yalor yalor... i think so too la.. lots of people...