WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Perfectionist Kind Samaritan

Actually, i've got lots to blog about of the past weekend, but something more immediate that happened this afternoon which I felt I should blog about it first.
***
I was at Great Eastern Mall this afternoon wearing my cute little 'puffy sleeves turquoise cropped vest' on top of my otherwise boring looking black singlet. As I was waltzing down the aisles towards the lifts, I crossed path with an Indian lady about 28ish, who was walking towards where I came from. Taking no extra notice of her, I walked on. As I was nearing the lifts, I felt a tap on my shoulder and an 'excuse me...blah blah blah". I turned around and saw the same Indian lady from a moment ago, saying something about the back of my cropped vest is not properly aligned and she proceeded in adjusting it for me like a mother to a child. Unsure of what's happening, I held on to my bag a little tighter. Only to realised later that, what she meant was the hem of my vest (at the back) was folded upwards cause it was caught by the belt of my slingbag.
***
Nothing exposed caused it was just a vest outside and not significant. Just that she must have turned around and look at me when we passed each other and saw the imperfection and felt the need to perfect it. I just felt very warm and fuzzy inside after the experience. How often will we come across kind samaritans like her these days? If I were to see somebody's fly unzipped, I'll probably straightaway mistaken him for a flasher and give him one of my thunderous slap across his face followed by a knee at his groins and a glass shattering scream.
***
I felt ashamed of myself to have thought of her as a potential pick pocketeer. What is happening to me (or us)? Why am I (or are we) moving around so cautiously of everything and unable to trust anybody? Is these all a result of modern living? What happened to the good old days where the Malays will visit the Chinese and drink from their glass (not plastic/paper) without having the slightest doubts that whether it has been contaminated by pork/alcohol? I dont even know who lives next door now. I guess all these are the prices to pay for urbanisation.
***
So next time round, if I do come across someone's fly unzipped, I'll make sure I won't slap him, knee him or scream. Instead, I'll tell him gently and start zipping up for him like a mother to a child...lols...

5 comments:

Gerry said...

Are you sure you wanna zip up for him?????????

Redbabe said...

hahahahaha.... lols

Alina Grace said...

I guess with all that's going around nowadays and all the bad things that has been happening....it is only natural now for any of us to be weary whenever any strangers come up to us......nevertheless, still be observant of your surrounding....

Redbabe said...

harrison said the fella putting charm on me that at night i will go give her all my money...lols

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

I'll do the same things as u. Its natural reaction for us in Malaysia. What to do? Have to blame the government of not controlling the security of society well. Kaka..