WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, April 10, 2009

A Day Of Being 'Pau' in Malacca

I was invited for a day trip to Melaka yesterday by a very good friend, Josephine. According to her email invitation, it was an all inclusive trip. Meaning, all I have to do is to just bring myself there, then, from there onwards, lunch, dinner & karaoke will be 'pau' by her.
****
So, the President of the Monster Club (i.e. yours truly) left her home at 10:00am. 'Monster Club' cause according to Josephine, we are all the devils that always influence others to take work leave so we can have an afternoon of fun. I am the President cause I am always the devil instigating others with fun activities like karaoke and all... Josephine had long ago been recruited. The devil tempted her with spas & afternoon tea then and she bite the bait. Muahahaha....
****

So for yesterday, Josephine recruited San Mei (San Mei is the girl that we went Phuket with, remember?). She was very gungho of recruiting another member, Yi Mei. But tough luck cause that one was a little bit of a workoholic. Perhaps next time.

I arrived Malacca at about 11+am. After some direction mixed up, I finally met Josephine at the Tesco Hypermarket. From there, she led me back to her home. I always love to go to her house. Her mom is fun to chat with and I always tease her on how clean her house always is. Really, it is so clean that is it not normal. I told a friend that night that Aunty spoiled the 'standards' of clean. The words 'squeeky clean' described it the best. It really squeek with every step I walked. Trust me, I am not over exaggerating. That's how unbelievable clean it is. The conversation will always ended up with me inviting Aunty to come stay my house *devil's horn sprouting out* hehehehhehe.....
***
We left shortly after to pick up San Mei from her work place which was situated in one of those historical old building. But then, everywhere is historical in Malacca. Anyway, we went lunch at this nice little BabaNyonya Restaurant called Kapitan something... The food was good. We polished it off even before the thought of taking a photo of it strikes me. Too bad for you guys.

After lunch, Josephine insisted that we should try this famous 'ba chang' (rice dumpling) in Malacca which was featured in 'Ah Xian Food Programme' sometime ago. We finally found the house after asking an old uncle who was walking his poochie for direction. This famous Malacca 'ba chang' operated from a house. They are famous for their nyonya's ba chang. We left the house happily with 10 normal + 10 nyonya ba chang and RM65 poorer. Seriously, since when ba chang became so expensive? I almost fainted.
From there, we headed for our main itinerary of the day. Josephine brought us to this GoGo Karaoke which is located and the end of the jetty behind the new Holiday Inn. I know it sounded corny. 'GoGo'.. hehehe... I thought I will find people doing the 'agogo' there...lols... Anyway, it was a long walk to the end. Nice view though...
(In the karaoke)

We had good fun singing away. We sang for 4 hours straight. Speaking of which, my throat is still a little sore right now... hehehe... It was so much fun. Even San Mei who hardly sings (according to Josephine) or talk (according to me), sang her heart out.



We finished off a bucket of Heinekan. 4 bottles I think. Hmm... Not that much la considering we were there for 4 hours. 1 bottle 1 hour for 3 girls... ok la.. Cannot be considered an alcoholic yet... a singaholic perhaps!

When I pulled open the curtain of our karaoke room, I was greeted by this lovely view. With the 'Eyes of Malaysia' rooted at the far corner, it complimented the whole effect beautifully. It took my breath away.

We arrived at this stretch of totally revamped restaurants in Portugese Settlement at about 7:30pm. The moment we got off our car, we were swarmed by a group of people each promoting their own restaurant. I find it very irritating. What a nuisance. According to Josephine, restaurant no.1 is the best of the lot. But unfortunately, it was closed yesterday. Tough luck for me.

In the end, we settled for restaurant No.7. Cause it was at that moment, the most crowded one. If there were crowd, I bet the food won't sucks that badly.

It turned out that we made the right choice with No.7. The food were absolutely yummy. We had fried calamari, freaking spicy bbq fish (chilly must be damn cheap there), bbq brinjals and salted egg crabs (equally spicy). It was fingers licking good.
****
YiMei, another friend of Josephine came to join us for dinner that night. My god, she is really a laughing queen. I told Josephine later that night that I met my match in YiMei. It was really fun to have her joining us for dinner. Coincidentally it was also San Mei's birthday yesterday, YiMei brought a cake with her. (Did you notice that all of Josephine's friend names sounds the same? SanMei, YiMei....and her name is MeiLing... gosh.. all mei mei one.. (beautiful)).

San Mei making a wish and blowing out the candle on the pretty and equally delicious cappucino cake courtesy of YiMei.

Before we knew it, it was already 9:30pm. We got a shock when we look at our watches. How time flies when you are with good companies. And I told Harrison early that day that I will be back by 10pm. Wishful thinking...lols.... Before we called it a night, the waiter helped us to snap a photo of the 4 of us. I threaten her that we wont pay if we dont look 'hot' in the photo and that cracks us all over again with laughters... So the waiter took two instead of one for insurance... lols....

It was a beautiful day, with beautiful people (mei mei), ended beautifully with a full moon perched highly up the sky. It was a really nice trip for me. I had great fun. Thanks gals for the lovely company.

***

Arrived back in KL safe & sound late last night at about 11+. Was so tired. The only pity of it all is I need to work today. Otherwise arr, can sleep thru it.. hehehe

No comments: