WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Hubby & His Favourite Movie

I sometimes wonder, how SOME people, can, every evening after work + whole of Saturday afternoon (and sometimes even on Sunday), hangout at no where else but a car workshop doing nothing but just looking at the mechanic at work.
If they are the ones getting their hands dirty, then it is understandable la... but no. They are merely sitting there, observing. Just like watching a movie at a cinema like that. Most of the time, there will be more than one spectator. Once, there were 4 of them, pulling up chairs surrounding the car, saying nothing to each other, total silent, and just observe. Eerie.

When the mechanic get under the car, they too squat and tilt their head to see what's going on underneath as if they are watching the most exciting part of an action movie. Like the hero engaging a sci-fying fighting scene with the villain like that that exciting. The only difference here is, the hero doesn't fight nor speak or even moves at all. It is just there, jacked up, and boring.


Then the whole scenario like very exciting like that. The spectator will look right, when the mechanic turn right. Look left, when the mechanic turn left. Like so 'kan cheong' (exciting) like that. Still, the hero (car) didn't even move a millimeter.


When the mechanic take 5, they start to recap what had happened earlier. Just like discussing whether they like or hate the movie they just watched.

Anyway, the whole thing is like, the spectator are the financier for the shooting of the movie. The mechanic is the director. The car is the actor. When it is completed, the financier wish to gain profit with his investment. And in this instant, the profit is what we called horsepower + speed.
***
Whenever I hangout with my girlfriends, they will always asked where is my husband or would he mind me hanging out with them. I would always reply not to worry about him. He will be absolutely fine. That he will be glad that I am out cause he would not need to entertain me and he can hangout in the car workshop. I am sure whenever I tell them that, they just nodded knowingly of his interest in cars and laughed. They definately don't know to what extend his interest is.
***
You must be wondering what am I doing at the workshop too taking all these photos. Well, believe it or not, my dear hubby had asked me to take photo of his car and of the transplanted engine with my new camera. He even pointed out which is the oil cooler and that I should take one of that too (in case you don't know, the blue thing below the right headlight is the oil cooler).
***
That is not even all. Sometimes, he got so excited with the little project of his and he have to tell it to somebody. And most of the time, I am that somebody. He told me the problem he had with the clutch la... what they did with the intercooler la... the cabling la... Honestly, I am still not sure what's the difference between a suspension and a shock absorber. I thought they are the same thing. So you can imagine how excited I am whenever he starts talking about these stuff. It is more exciting than financial stuff. As I am typing out these car terminology, I am already yawning away....
***
I really need to sleep already. Goodnight.

6 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Mike is just like that as well!!! Oh dear...men & their cars and they can be there for HOURS!!!

Btw, how do you manage to upload pictures after pictures while you are typing your blog. Whenever I do mine, they all end up at the top of the blog...sigh...

Redbabe said...

hehehe... yeah... men & cars! lols

well, as for the photos, you can click and drag them wherever you want in your paragraphs..

Samantha said...

hahaha...at least it's men & their cars now and not men & their women ...I think that helps to make us feel better, eh. hehehehe...my man has given up the car passion (actually just temporary put aside until there's more fund) and now he's obsessed with PSP ><

Terri Chai said...

No wonder they say... Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus... Coz there's definitely something about this men that will remain a mystery to us forever and ever... hahaha!!!

i said...

Good news is...your hubby is a normal typical male LOL!

I used to have a housemate who turned our house porch into a mini workshop! Where all the other houses on our block have nice gardens, ours featured a semi permanent view of a man underneath a car with the hood open.

Redbabe said...

Samantha: yeah... in a way, it is a good thing too. at least not women! lols

Terri:I think, we better just let the mystery be mystery...lols... too complicated to unravel.

Serendipity: so i should be glad i guess that he is one of the many normal typical man. As for turning our porch to a mini workshop, i would say, dont he even think about it..lols