WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Special Gift For Someone Special

Yesterday, after completing all the plumbing works at my apartment, mom & I walked over to Terri's (T-Cakes) place nearby, to complete this lovely cake for a dear friend of ours, Gerry, whose birthday falls on the 4th July (Sat). I know what you are thinking, it is only 30th June yesterday. Why so early? Well, we decided to give her an early surprise and leave 4th July to her & her family.
Lovely cake isn't it? Why 'Moon'? There is also a story behind it. Among the 3 of us, she is known as the 'moon'. Terri's the 'star' and I, the 'sun'. Long ago, we also baked her a similar cake. But of course, at that time, none of us is a professional baker yet and it turned out pretty ugly. So this year, Terri (now a professional baker) announced that we should bake Gerry a really nice 'moon' cake for her birthday to compensate for the ugly 'moon' cake we did long ago.

(That's Christian in the background (Terri's son). According to the mommi, he always placed himself at the most strategic spot whenever there is a camera in sight... )

Honestly, the baking & decorating is mostly done by Terri. All I did was just sticking on the daisies & those metallic sugar beads. Overall we think it turned out well. Simple & sweet. I on the other hand, picked out the birthday card and found a book that I thought might interest her. After everything is done & complete, we took a drive down to Kota Kemuning to deliver her this lovely cake together with the present & card.
For us, it is not so much of the cake or the book or the card. It is just fun doing this together specially for a dear friend, a friend that is always closed to our hearts. Like picking out the flavour she likes, the colour she likes (ok, this might not be true, cause yellow is a colour we made her like from long ago... but then again, where got moon red colour one right? lols). Sifting thru hundreds of cards to find one with the right kind of messages for her and squeezing out all our brain juice to think of something that she would like or something that will help in her life journey. It is simply nice to be doing all these.
Anyway, Gerry, we hope you like what we put together for you. Your first birthday cake, birthday wishes, birthday present for the year. We love you lot.

3 comments:

Gerry said...

Like it? Are you kidding me? I love them all... and I love you both very very much too...

TQ for blessing my life with the wonderful presence of your friendship...

Namaste.

Alina Grace said...

It's gorgeous cake!!!

Redbabe said...

GerryMoon : Glad that you love them all. That's priceless for me...

Alina: Yeah! I think so too it is a gorgeous cake!