WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Can consider being a plumber...

As you all know, I mentioned earlier that my apartment has finally been rented out and there are a few rectification works to be done before the new tenant shift in tomorrow. I got someone from the hardware store over to check out the plumbing and these are what he quoted:

1) Wet Kitchen Sink - Very small water flow & the handle of the tap slightly broken. Plumber quoted RM50 to replace the tap and will make sure water flow better.

2) Toilet cisten - Very small water flow & difficulty in flushing the toilet. Plumber quoted RM80 to replace the whole internal pump system and will make sure water flow better.

3) PVC Toilet Door - Supply & install, RM165.

As we still have some time to spare before meeting up with a friend to decorate a cake for another friend, I thought maybe we (mom & I) should just go grab a set of the toilet cisten internal pump and try to rectify the issue ourselves. So off we go to a nearby DIY shop, got what we wanted and headed back to the apartment.

Back at the apartment, I straightaway headed for the toilet and tackled the problem. After experimenting for about 40minutes, I ended up using the old pump. All it need is just to change the wire that is hooking up the pump to the flush and unfasten the cap to the float a little, kautim. Problem solved. Easy flush. Water flow much faster & stronger. Best part is, it only cost me RM13 and I still have a spare pump for future emergency. Saved RM67.00.
After my successful experiment with the toilet pump, with more confident now, I decided to tackle the issue with the kitchen sink. What I did was, I dismantled the whole tap, give it a little knock here and there with my meat cleaver and then, installed it back. Problem solved. Water flow strong & smooth instead of the miserable trickling for the past couple of weeks. Saved RM50.

All in all, I saved RM 117. Now I wonder, should I just go grab a PVC door myself, and hook it to the hinges on my own. Come on, how hard can it be? If I can repair toilets & kitchen sink, I believe PVC door are just chicken feets. Lols...... I am just kidding, I wont do it. I am sure I can. Just that the thought of running around town carrying a PVC door does not seem a tad cool to me... :p Seriously, don't you think they are charging a pretty irridiculous price for nothing? It is about time we think about switching profession eh?
Anyway, I am just so glad that I decided to attempt the repair myself. I learned something new. It is not that difficult. Super easy in fact. I wonder why they made it sound as if it is like some kind of World Guiness Record feat like that... please la... chicken feet.

6 comments:

Big Cow said...

wah... next time i've got a faulty toilet, i know who to look for to teach me how to kautim myself :D

Redbabe said...

Haha.... no need to be taught one... just look at it, agar-agar you'll know what to do d..

So, how are things over your side? Still war ka? I better dont comment so much over there. Nanti kena splash red paint over here...lols

Big Cow said...

LOL! the war over already :D but if those juveniles wanna continue and start to provoke me, i will play along lor :D nothing better to do ma :P

sometimes hor, it's quite fun to war also :D my adrenaline was pumping that day :D

Redbabe said...

chi sin meh.... sek pau got nothing better to do ka? lols

but then hor, traffic increased right?? lols

Big Cow said...

hhahahaah.... really nothing better to do mah, i voice out my opinion, ppl got offended and terasa i talking about them when i didnt even name out names and then they declare war with me, i also war lor :D

the best part of it is really mo tuin tuin traffic increase when i never even heboh heboh kan the war. those juveniles go and heboh heboh for nothing :D

conclusion is, i tak rugi apa apa also... hahahahahahahaah

Redbabe said...

hahaha... yealar... at least u untung traffic. now become popular already konon.

hiyah.. i think dia orang makan cili rasa pedas la..