WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, July 27, 2009

'Self Torture' Sessions Starting This Thursday

Years ago, I took up a part time course with ABE (Association of Business Exec) at the Sunway College for a Diploma in Business Administrative. I took a 2 years break halfway thru it cause I decided that I should eleviate myself off any kind of stress and concentrate on doing nothing else but happy things hopefully to recover from my thyroid issue faster and it really did.
Another reason of the break was because the remaining paper that I need to complete was Quantitative Methods and I just simply hated it. I am just made out of one of those dna that finds calculations mind boggling. Needless to say, terms like 'linear regression', 'binomial', 'poisson' and dont know what else, scare the shit out of me. So I chose to ignore it for two over years. And not forgetting those thing that they called 'scientific calculator' which is freaking complicated to function. I can never tabulate anything out of it. Not even simple mathematic equation. Give me a razor and I can easily razored Sunshine into a mohawk fashion anytime (that's exactly what I did couple of days ago. She look so cute now. Like little donkey like that...). A scientific calculator? Haiz...................
I was a little over ambitious initially to think I can do it self-study way. Why self study? Cause the only college that is still offering this stupid paper from ABE if filled to the brim with blacks (nigerians I think). Not that I am racist. But when 99.9% are them and that 0.1% are us, I dont feel too comfortable. That is because I heard enough stories of them. While, I was there last week to find out more info re the classes, one of them already asking for my number and of course all he got was the famous Redbabe reply: "No. I don't think so...". That's the reason why I thought I wanna do it the 'self-study' way.
I was at MPH in MValley yesterday to check out some books on the subject and that is when I decided that I dont have much choice except to attend the class cause I am already seeing stars simply by flicking thru the book. There are few friends though who are very kind and agreed to help me thru it if I choose to do self-study. But I can foresee my own intelligence level pertaining to this subject and thought better of it. I need someone who is obligated to explain, explain, explain and keep explaining till the cows come home and I sincerely don't want to torture my friends in that way. Lols...
So, I've decided that, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. I need to complete it by hook or by crook. Only after this that I am free to do any other things that I wish to do. I will be attending the classes starting from this Thursday. Oh, and someone said I should uglified myself for it. Lols... so 'kua cheong' as if I am glass shattering pretty like that *kembang* (but then again, it feels good la when someone actually said it - eventhough I know I am... *shiok sendiri + lagi kembang*). Lols...... Anyway, hopefully by end of the term, I'll be able to perceive them differently.

6 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Babe, just take it easy. Like you, I hate Maths and anything to do with calculating. I even dislike Accounting and I work in a bank....hehehehehhe....

So, just go with flow and try to focus.....You will be fine.

Anonymous said...

"Needless to say, terms like 'linear regression', 'binomial', 'poisson' and dont know what else, scare the shit out of me."

Why "needless to say"? Why so negative?

Redbabe said...

Alina: Thanks!

Anonymous: Negative meh? Not negative la... just a point to stress that I hate calculations...I've done this paper b4. So i know when i see something i dont like...lols.

Terri Chai said...

Way to go Redbabe!!! Now back to school!!!

Redbabe said...

terri: shut..up....

Samantha said...

Redbabe is going back to school. HAVE FUN!!! wuhoo!!