WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Contentment.

Someone said something to me yesterday and mind you, it is not something pleasant. This fella must have lots of guts to be spitting venoms like that on me. For once, I held myself very well. Instead of hurling equally if not more hurtful words back or screaming my lungs out or one tight slap across the face, I just kept quiet. Quiet not because I am accepting what that person had to say but behind my mind I was thinking about something else.
That person said something about I am wasting my time away and that my blog is a rubbish blog and that I have no objective in life. Phew...! Full of toxic. Pretty harsh neh? Well, that's just the major points. There are few other smaller points too which are overshadowed by these two. You must be wondering what have I done to this person to deserve such outburst. Trust me, nothing.
Of course it triggered off something within me. Defensiveness + anger + insult, but mostly are just a whole puddle of depression. I tried very hard to just wash out the toxic within but somehow some of it seeped right thru into my blood and soul. I am not too offended on the part about my blog being a rubbish blog. That person is angry and I can understand the root of the anger. Even if it is a rubbish blog, it is mine. I've already earned US$100 from my rubbish. I know it is not a lot but at least my rubbish helped me to pay off some bills. I am ok having this kind of rubbish.
I am most affected by the part that says I am wasting my time away. Why should I even be affected? I don't know. Maybe a part of me do agree with what the person said. Or maybe, it is just pms... I dont know.
I haven't been doing much for the last two years since I quitted my job. Other than setting up Springtime Favours & Rainbow's End, I more or less kinda waltzed thru it and enjoying every moment of it. I blogged, I danced, I cooked, I baked, I sewed, worked a little at my uncle's company, gym-ing, prepared for wedding, shifted God knows how many times, went holiday, karaoke, lunching, yumcha-ing, photography, painted, groomed my doggies, learnt to pray, running and other misc household stuff. Other than that, nothing much concrete. Mostly are just things that I did to entertain myself. Hobby stuff to keep me happy. Even for work, it is flexihours to suit my time. Could this be why I am being labelled as wasting my time away?
As I was sitting there taking in all the bullets that is being shot at me (without any bullet proof vest), I thought to myself (that's why I am quiet), what's exactly is the definition of 'wasting my time away'? Is it because I do not have a full time 9-5 job like most people does that's why I don't have objective in life?
Let look at it from another perspective. Let's say I am a full time employee that leave home at 8am daily, reached office at 9am, work my ass off talking to subordinates, bosses, clients, attending meetings, achieving sales target, chasing datelines, tackling office politics, finish work at 6pm/7pm/9pm daily, only to reach home dead tired at 7pm/8pm/10pm daily, too tired for dinner, shower and hit straight for the bed. Only to repeat the whole scenario all over again day in day out all for X amount of pay cheque come month end. How can that not also be defined as I am wasting my time away? I am spending most of my waking hours for work and nothing else. Is it because of the X amount of pay cheque that's why I am deemed making full use of my time???
Seriously, I am not defending my situation. In fact, me too sometimes do thought that this person may be right. I am doubting myself. I know the part about we living our life for ourselves and we do not need to answer to anyone anything. I am not answering. Just that, sometimes, no matter how positive I always am, I do have the tendency to fall into dark pitches (remember magnet & longkang).
I just feel that the answer to the question is very personal. It is very different with each individual. Some may put monetary as primary objective in life. For some other, would be for job satisfaction. For some, merely being alive each passing day is sufficient already.
I am sure some of you out there knows that I do work. But I am not gonna go into that cause I am not defending myself or even finding excuses for myself per say. The thing is, how fat should the pay cheque be only then we are being defined as not wasting our time away? How much is enough? Can I not, not be ambitious? Can I not be contented with what I already have? What if my objective in life is to live a healthy & quality life doing things I love doing and putting monetary objective last? Is that not an objective too?
Please enlighten me.

11 comments:

Gerry said...

Everybody has different ideas of how they ought to live their lives. And sometimes, they hang on to their own idea so much that they think others should buy into their ideas too.

You are a reminder to life, to breathe life, and to live life. You are good at that, i.e. to live your life presently in the now, fully, joyfully and lovingly - and while that gift is presented to you, you give that gift to life too.

For the record, I love reading your 'rubbish' blog. :) Love.

KewLgaL said...

I suppose that fella is just jealous of you and your free-and-easy lifestyle, needless to work 9-5 and you get to do things that you fancy most. Some people are born with narrow mind and usually these people are with the bad 'chi'. Best way is to stay away from them, otherwise, they will suck all the good 'chi' away from you. By the way, I enjoy reading your 'rubbish' blog too! :)

Terri Chai said...

Aiya.... this person is the one who's really nothing to do,.. wasting it's life away... talking kok and make nasty judgement on others la... who the toot is he/she la... making statements like that..

Anyway.. Let it be la.. since it's only kok talking N sing song.. just go lalalalallala.. and skip around la..

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

Clap, clap Terri, you took the words out of my mouth.

Big Cow said...

this cow agrees with you. :D i m a full time 9-5 employee and having the life you've just described and every other day i feel like i m wasting my life away. every other day i am asking myself wtf am i still doing here?? :D

anyway, that fella should just go fly kite la :D the main important thing is to be happy with what you are doing :D and you seem to have achieved that :D (not like this cow :D)

Alina Grace said...

Wow!! This person really had the BALLS to fling such comments at you. If it was flung at me, I think that person may have just died on the spot! Hhehehehehe.... Hell am I going to take CRAP from anybody and honestly, in my opinion, you shouldn't let this person affect you though it's easier said than done.

But mind you, as long as YOU are happy and YOUR heart is clear and YOU are NOT hurting anyone, why bother with this person???

For me, I do enjoy the corporate world and I love the challenges though sometimes I would LOVE to strangle the morons that I work with but honestly, I do love the corporate world. Wearing suits and getting deals close bring a certain sense of satisfaction for me and if your laid back ways make you happy....ENJOY IT!!!

I would love to SLAP this person for you.....hehehehehehhee.....

Chill, babe!! We're all behind you!

Redbabe said...

Wah wah wah.... cool down cool down... hehehe. Nevertheless, thank you for your support.

Actually, I dont mean to put that person down. Am just jotting down my thoughts so that I can hold grudges and revenge next time... hahaha...(just kidding).

Don't worry about me. Like a friend said, no need to waste energy worrying about me one... I bounced back pretty fast one..:D hehehe

Cammie said...

Very few ppl "dare" to live the life like yours and i envy you! Enjoy your life and i keep reminding myself that i am not a money making machines. You go gal.

Redbabe said...

Thanks for your encouraging comment my friend. :)

zewt said...

let no one affect you about what you do about your blog, it's yours anyway. and there are bound to be some funny ppl out there, like some anti-zewt in my blog. never thought there will ever be an anti-zewt hahaha...

so you're a full time housewife eh? nice... :)

Redbabe said...

anti-zewt? funny. strange why some ppl have so much time. Ha!

not really full time housewife. I do work. Just that my job are pretty flexible. Freelancer.