WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Am A Yellow Face Wife (for today only)

I felt like a typical housewife today... you know, those yellowish colour face type of housewife. I served my hubby egg mayo sandwich for breakfast this morning before he left for work. Actually, not that I purposely wake up early to prepare breakfast for him la... just that when I plodded down to the kitchen whipping open the fridge and fetching out the bowl of egg mayo from yesterday FOR myself, he looked at me and I cant not offer him one right?
Wifey: You want egg mayo sandwich for breakfast before you go?
Hubby: Got arr?
Wifey: Yeah...
Hubby: *nodding*
As he is a typical cina-pek, he can't have cold stuff for breakfast. So I have to heat up his egg mayo sandwich first. Thank god for microwave oven. Breakfast is served under 1 minute and that makes me a role model for all wife-kind... come on, can any of you served breakfast under 1 minute? I bet you can! hehehehehe....
After the man of the house is fully stuffed and shoo-ed out of the house to print more money, I proceeded with the laundries. Washed two loadful of dirty laundries today; 2 loadful cause I separated the light coloured & dark coloured ones, and not because we only do the laundry once a month :p. I also folded two basketful of cleaned laundries and put them back into the wardrobe neat & tidy. This also makes me a role model for all wife-kind. No? Ok, how many of you out there have a neat & tidy wardrobe??? Come on, be truthful, maids' is not counted ok.... hehehe..
I know I've been blogging a lot about food lately... must be because I've a whole blardy week off and I've stocked up a whole blardy week's worth of food & sundries for the supposely 'quarantine' for a whole blardy week. As I said, supposely la.... :p So can't help it lor... what else you expect me to think of if not food? Hehehe... so just bear with me la... I bet there would be much food blogging next week onwards when work starts. Lols... Anyway, these are what I had for lunch this afternoon.
Found some 'lady's finger' in my fridge, washed & cut it up, throw it into the steamer of the rice cooker as I cooked some rice. Then, I opened up a can of sardin, and cooked it over the stove with some onions + extra tomato sauce + little sugar. Took out the lady's fingers 20 minutes later, drizzled some olive oil + soy sauce over it (MIL's style), voila! Lunch is ready... another lazy people's lunch for all the lazy people out there...:p It was really yummy especially the lady's fingers. Healthy & refreshing. As for the sardines, personally, I am not a sardine person... sardine mah sardine lor... I always thought sardine are for cats anyway...
After lunch, I decided to relax a little and watched 'Confession of a Shopaholic' which I bought weeks ago. It was a nice light hearted chick-lit movie and totally entertaining. I like watching brainless entertaining movies like these - The Holidays, Beverly Hill Chi Hua Hua, you know, those kind la... no need to think too much ones... already so little brain cells left, no point killing more... hehehehe... Oh, I also completed my fabric coaster with my mom's sewing machine as I watched tv. Multi tasking, save time. Another trait of a good housewife to be applauded *clap clap*
When the show ended, I figured that the chicken thighs which I took out this morning must have defrosted. I wanted to make roast chicken for dinner tonight but havent quite really thought of what kind of roast chicken to make. So I rubbed some salt & pepper over it. Then I found some garlic in the kitchen and it gave me an idea.
(1) I blended the garlic and had it mixed with some mixed herbs (rosemary + oregano + thyme + basil), olive oil, salt & pepper, and lemon juice.
(2) Then I stuffed the blended mixture under the skin of both the chicken thighs (Jamie Oliver's style) which I've loosen earlier.
(3) Covered the base of the pan with some sliced lemon & garlic and placed the stuffed chicken thighs over it.
(4) Scrubbed and cubed some potatoes and throw it into the pan.
(5) Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkled some olive oil over the chicken & potatoes.
(6) Covered with clingwrap and throw it back into the fridge to be marinated.
My other half came back two and half hours later and we went for a jog at a park nearby. I preheated the oven at 220 degree celcious before I left for the park. We both had a good run. He ran 3 rounds and me, ran 2 rounds & walked 1 round.. lols... ok also what... must listen to our body mah... cannot over pushed, nanti pengsan susah... the poor husband would have to lug his not exactly small size wife all the way home... we would both ended up pengsan in the end... lols...

When we got home, I took out the chicken from the fridge, removed the clingwrap and throw it into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. As it was being baked, yummy aroma filled the air...


When it was out of the oven and ready to be tucked into, it looked like this. Yummy right... ? Being the good yellow face wife (for today only), of course I also prepared some rice for my cina-pek hubby la... the verdict is, he love it. He love this 'Garlic Lemon Roast Chicken ala Redbabe' very much. He walloped his rice, chicken and everything else... ;) hehehehe

So, can get award or not? I cooked, I cleaned, I watched tv, I sewed, I exercised & I blogged too... all in one day. A role model for all wife kind. Shiok sendiri only...! Lols... nevermind la.. it is my blog anyway... can shiok all I want...hehehehe


4 comments:

Terri Chai said...

Ahahahaha.. now can start calling you AUNTY WOO d... Kekekekeek!!!
Wei.. when r you gonna cook some drumsticks for me laaaaa

Redbabe said...

haha... when i feel like it la... *sounds like never?* hahahahaha

Alina Grace said...

The chicken looks yummy...I must try that another time...

traCe said...

YUMMY! me like lady fingers..slurps slurps..waa itu ayam sedap ooo.. Thumbs up!