WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Photography Outing to FRIM


Last Sunday afternoon, with a visual illustrated vividly in my mind, off we went to the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) in Kepong, to materialise it.
***
This visual that I had in mind was actually a picture of trees which I intend to photoshop a little before turning it into a beautiful poster for our living area.
***
Of course I didn't managed to capture anything that even close to what I wanted. Nevertheless, it was a good experience. Here are some photos to share.

When we get off our car, we were greeted by the laughters of these boys chilling out in the man-made pool. The cool water seems heavenly compared to the burning sensation on my skin as I was snapping away. It was a really really hot day.


Thick moss covering every surface they can cling on to - rocks, tree roots, trunks & etc. It emit an aura of ancient mysticness. It's like the elvens gonna appear in between the trees any moment like that.
The walking trail in the forest.


The waterfall that's barely 100m away from the entrance of the forest. For those of you who is not very enthusiastic (like me), and yet, wanna experience a waterfall, this is the place to go to. Easy access. No hiking. Just walk. :)

I thought this look kinda zen. I can visualize a white bearded guru meditating in the middle of it.

As we were driving out, I spotted this tree house. So here was where they took the photo of the postcard. You see, many years ago, at least 5 years I think, I received a property promotional postcards with has a picture of this. I remembered loving the picture so much that I had it nailed to my notice board. ;) Anyway, back to this photo. I should have walk around to gauge a good angle. Unfortunately, imagination of reptiles lurking beneath those dry leaves started to creep in after a couple of shots. Lols..

That's about it. Took many but only selected few that I think I like (according to my sifus, they said is memang like that one wor...). Though managed to pick out few that I think I like, unfortunately none of it come even close to what I have in mind.
***
The wife felt a little guilty for dragging the husband halfway across town, jungle trekked a little on a crazy hot Sunday afternoon, and yet, still not materialising what she had in mind. The husband said..."Nevermind la... photography is like that one mah... we got all the time in the world... mah slowly take lor...."... Lega....

4 comments:

Gerry said...

Harrison is so sweet..

Your pictures are really looking good..

Alina Grace said...

Cool pictures, babe....

mun said...

I like the first picture of the tree tops and the blue sky. Your husband is so nice to be so supportive of your passion for photography.

Redbabe said...

Thanks gals for the kind words.

As for the husband, well, he just wanna prevent me from irritating the hell out of him when I got bored sitting at home.
So, please dont think so highly of him. Lols...