WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Have I Reach The Quota Of The Year?

I got a bad bout of flu & fever in June and I laughed that it could be H2n3 if you still remember that. Then I got another really bad bout of flu + fever + throat infection in August which lasted for about 3 weeks. That one was serious. It took me a while to recover back to my usual self. Other than the flu thingy, there were other occasional asthma episodes which seems to be easily triggered off these days by don't know what. Furs? Pollens? Detergent? Air quality? And also, the sudden flaring of my eczema issues which sent all my shorts & skirts back into the boxes (I told the pharmacist when I was enquiring about remedy for eczema, I said, eczema is small issue. The big issue is I can't wear my short shorts or skirts...lols).
***
And I thought I have completed this year's sick quota as I have gotten it quite bad ealier and it is already October. From now, I should be able to thread safely over to 2010 without much hiccups. I thought wrongly lor...the just too familiar symptoms that brought on a deja vu, set in once again on Tue's night. At first, I thought it was the after effect from the vodka chocolate or the margisa-watermelon-rum we had over at Terracotta. But when the symptoms of aching bones dragged into the nights, I then realised it was something more than just alcohol reaction. Tsk... tsk... tsk....
***
I've been very discipline with my medications this time round. You see, i always have a thing with medications. I always tend to forget them. Maybe subconsciously, I just want my body to fight the virus naturally instead of depending on medicine. Yeah, that's right. I also have a thing with seeing a doctor. I hate the process of driving down to a clinic, exposing my already low immune system to other viruses while waiting for god knows how many hours for my name to be called upon for consultation. Only to go thru a self-diagnose session with the doctor nodding every now and then at the right punctuation while taking my temperature and sticking a spatula into my mouth while I said 'aaaa...'.
***
Doc: Hi, how are you?
Me: Hi doc... not so good... (obviously???)
Doc: So, what's wrong?
Me: The usual stuff, flu, fever and body ache
Doc: Oh ok... open your mouth and say 'aaaa...'
Me: 'aaa....'
Doc: Your throat look pretty red... there is a slight inflammation... (as if I don't already know)
Me: Yeah... give me something for it.
Doc: Let me take your temperature. Oh... your body temperature is slightly higher. You have a slight fever... (duh!)
Me: Yeah... just give something to knock me off so I can just sleep.
Doc: Ok, I'll give you something for your flu, fever and lozenges for your throat...
Me: Ok, thanks. Oh, give me something for the cough too. It usually come after the sorethroat.
Doc: Ok.
***
And that self diagnostic, would set me back RM50 easily. I can get a strip of uphamol + clarinase + a whole box of lozenges from the pharmacy for not more than RM20 and I don't need to wait till the cows come home for my turn or expose myself to other lingering viruses.
***
Anyway, to cut long story short, to prevent myself from getting worst like I was in August, I've been very diligent when come to medications. No, I didnt go see a doc still. I just take some uphamol for the bodyache & fever. The flu part is quite mild. It will straighten itself out. I can't imagine being sick & weak & no mood for anything again for another 3 weeks. That's total waste of time. :p
***
Strangest part is, I notice that it is always when I am very motivated to get some exercise (i.e. running/hiking), I will experience 'down time'. Flashing back, it was always either I was not well enough or I hurt my toe or haze. Hmm... maybe it's a sign. A sign that I am doom to be a lazy pig. Gosh....! I suddenly have a visual image of myself. Beady eyes and upturn nose, lazing on my couch.

No..............................!




1 comment:

Alina Grace said...

Hhahhahhaa.....take care, dear! It's good to be diligent with the medications especially with the antibiotics... :p