WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Day In The Historical City (Doing nothing historical at all)

Dragged myself out of bed with tremendous effort after a whole night of dancing. Got ready and the girls, Terri & Gerry arrived at about 9:45am. We went for a light breakfast of yong tau foo outside my place before departing for Malacca.

It was a pleasant 1 hour plus drive filled mostly with story telling (no, not gossiping). Terri & I updated Gerry with the Twilight saga and later, Gerry & I updated Terri on Harry Potter's. Lols...

Our first stop was supposed to be lunch at the famous Malacca Chicken Rice Ball along Jonker's Street. Unfortunately, there was not a single carpark available and one look at the long queue under the hot sun kinda put me off already. I hate queuing for food. :p Luckily the girls also agreed that we should just skipped it and go right to 'sate babi' instead which was just around the corner at Kota Laksamana.

Terri emptied her bladder prior to our departure. The moment we arrived this place, she need to go again. Gerry & I went like... 'Again??'. She replied that it was because she drank coffee and I went like, 'Coffee? Coffee suppose to dehydrate right?'. And she said this: "Because it is dehyrating, that's why I need to go more........". I almost roll out of the car laughing...

Fact of the trip: Coffee is dehyrating cause it makes us wanna pee more.

The 'sate babi' looks yummy but Terri & I agreed that it dont taste as good as how we expected it to be especially the sate sauce. I think it was because both of us have a mindset of how a sate should taste like, i.e. those malay's type, sweet sate with aromatic peanut sauce. These are nothing like that. The sauce is kinda salty & sourish, no peanuts kind. Something different la...

In the end, Gerry had the most. 15 sticks. She simply loves it. :)

And at 2nd place is me. I had 7 sticks.

We had a tie for third place. Both Terri & Jo (who came to join us later) had only two sticks each. Jo agreed that this outlet is not as good as the other outlet that is located somewhere else.

Since we are all still hungry, Terri suggested that we go to this little place that she went once for some nyonya's cuisine which she described to Jo that we have to walk up some stairs before reaching its' dining area. Jo scanned her brain for a place closest to Terri's description, and voila... she brought us to Donald's & Lily's. Once there, Terri confirmed that was the place she went last time.

We had gado-gado and cendols.

Jo had curry laksa.

And I, couldn't resist a yummy 'Ayam Ponte'.

The interior of the shop is painted in yellow and decorated with little knick knacks collected over the years. It is very crampy and to the max, can only fill approximate 25-30 pax.

After Donald's & Lily's, we went karaoke at the jetty from 2-6pm. By then, the aching on my body (the aftermath of Friday night) already spread to every tiny muscles that I never imagine could exists. With the dim lightings of the karaoke room + the cool airconditioning, I could just doze off without trying too hard. Instead, I dragged myself outside into the bright day light to practise on my photography. The location is beautiful. It's a pity not to. Die die also must.


Karaoke finally ended at 6pm. Sang until no energy. Too tired to sing anymore. Jo brought us to this place which is famous for its' 'Ikan Bakar' (bbq fish) for dinner. It was really good. We enjoyed our dinner very much. And it was pretty cheap too. Only RM69 for the 4 of us.


This goes very very well with the bbq seafood. We asked for an extra serving.

BBQ Ikan Jinak (tamed fish)

We love this very much. Deep fried stingray with some sambal/chilli sauce. Absolutely yummilicious. The one in the background is deep fried calamari. Very good too.

Terri and her kick-ass-huge coconut.

Gerry and her kick-ass-huge dslr.

After a fulfilling dinner, Jo dropped us off at Jonker's street as we have earlier parked our car there. Before heading back to KL, we went for a walk with Doraemon at Jonker's Street.
Meet Doraemon.

Gerry wanted to get a pair of 'princess' slipper for her daughter but unfortunately, it was all sold out. Instead, she bought some jigsaws for Thea as well as for Christian.

Little stalls selling little novelties in Jonker's.
'Big Foot' treatment shop.

Colourful lanterns decorated the front porch of the ancient building.
***
That pretty much wrapped up our one day excursion to the historical city. I survived. When I finally got home at about 10:30pm, I felt like my body has been torn into pieces. I can hardly lift my feet. Trust me, I am not exaggerating. Instead of heading straight for the shower, there are still couple of things that I need to sort out.
***
I still need to wrap up some gifts for a doggies' birthday party which we (except husky) will all be going the very next morning. Other than that, I still have to make arrangement for the 'sunny sides up' which I've committed to make for the human food potluck to complement the fried beehoon someone else is bringing. 'Make arrangement' meaning, sort out the stove problem we are having and making sure there are enough eggs.
***
Arrgghhh.... still need to wake early the next day. Party starting at 9am at BU Park. How I wished to be able to laze in bed right up to lunch time. Will I be able to drag myself out of my soft comfy bed of 6 pillows?







3 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Gonna make my next, next trip to Malacca....

mun said...

Wow, you girls sure know how to enjoy yourselves! :) Redbabe, I like your new signature/logo at the end of your post but I could'nt make out what the picture is.

Redbabe said...

Alina: Have fun!

Mun: Haha.. yeah we did enjoyed ourselves very much... as for the signature/logo, it is a doodle of a person sitting there trying to write...