WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Last Day in Singapore

I better hurry up complete my entry on our Singapore trip before we embark on another. Dont wanna end up with too many backlogs.
We didnt do much on the last day of our trip. Hanged out a little over at Jurong Point (again, since it is so blardy near and we are so blardy lazy). Had dessert over at a tiny HongKong dessert stall there. We just ordered some snacks and sweet soups (tong sui) cause when we woke up that afternoon (yes, you read correctly), Jenny already bought some wantan mee for us. She is really an angel. Cant wait for them to come down to KL so that we can return her hospitality. But I am not too sure if I am able to wake early enough to prepare breakfast like them. Lols...

We saw this all pink cute little cake shop called 'The Icing Room' while we were at Jurong Point. So fairy tale like... ahh... like directly out of some manga book like that... the unique part of this little shop is we can DIY our own cake's deco. They have cakes of different sizes for selection and the price include a creamed plain cake base, some icing flowers & icing tubes for you to work your masterpiece. So if you are in Singapore, and have that special someone to impress, do give this a thought. Yeah, like it or not, we girls are a real sucker for all things romantic & sweet despite however old fashion it may be. :p

We ding dong around whole day. Talk talk talk... and finally, it's time for us to head home. As I've mentioned in my first entry on this trip, our flight back to KL was delayed. By time we finally reached home, it was way past midnight.

Overall, it was a good trip. No rush. Holiday lor... holiday suppose to be free & easy mah... and relaxing too. Managed to meet up with people that matters. There are more, but it's difficult to squeeze everybody in. I was on holiday. Not on some friendship ambassador goodwill thingy...lols.
Food wise, well, since we have practically been stuffing ourselves the moment we touched down, all I can say is, their food is still a long way from ours. Now I know why most Singaporean stuffed themselves crazy whenever they are in Malaysia. It's like, eating is their main agenda like that. I am just very curious how it is possible to have such drastic difference in the quality of food since we are just a causeway away. Swim also can reach. Same raw materials, same people. Yet, so different taste buds. Anyway, it is not yucky. Just have plenty of rooms for improvement. Or maybe generally, that's Singaporean's preference.

Shopping wise, though I didnt shop much, cant help but notice that when shops put up the sign that says 'SALE', they really meant what they said. Their 'sale' is for real. Unlike those over here which usually only meant for out-of-season/missing buttons/spoilt zips items. I was at 'This Fashion', a clothing shops similar to our Nichii and they have 50% storewide sales. I ended up buying a rather nice tube dress which can be passed as an elegant cocktail dress anytime for only S$9. What a steal! No, I am not going to show how the dress look like. So that when you see me next time, you wont know if I am wearing 'the' cheapo dress...lols.

That basically wrapped up our short getaway to the land of the Merlion!


p/s: oh, that's something else I discovered. you know how one always said one wanna be on diet to shed some weights yet always fail cause the food are just too tempting? I found the solution to it and that is to stuff one crazy with food until jelak. Since we got back from Singapore, we kinda gotten jelak with food...lols!

2 comments:

mun said...

..but when one stuff oneself crazy with food until jelak, one will put on extra weight so only those extra weight will come off la during the "jelak-until-not-eating" period. In the end, back to original weight, so how?

Redbabe said...

hahaha....havent thought of that. It takes quite little for me to get jelak. Didnt know others can take so much...lols