WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Eat, Sleep & My 200m Run on Day 2 in Singkapoh

Just got back from my class earlier craving for chicken rice. QM always makes me extra hungry. Must be the brain needing its' fuel after working out formulas the entire morning. As I usually goes without lunch, you can imagine how often I uses my brain... hehehe... hardly? Like I always said, better not further damage the already limited brain cells.... hahahaha..... :p

Frustrated of not finding a carpark, I ended up in the foodcourt instead of my usual haunt. Ordered myself a chicken rice and quickly gobbled it down. Hungry la... really one. 'Thinking' need energy one. Lols...

Let's start with my Day 2 in Singapore. Let's see, the night before, we chatted so late into the night and I finally went to bed at 4am. Right before we called it a night, Jenny asked me what time do I wanna wake up tomorrow (i.e. day 2) and I told her not too early la... She said ok cause she wont be waking so early also. Manatau, come day 2 morning, her 'not-too-early' turned out to be 10:20am! That's like freaking early by my 'holiday' standard and especially when I slept at 4am the night before. When I said 'not too early', I meant 11:30am - 12:30noon like that.

Since I was already up, might as well just stay up. When I got out of the shower later, Jenny already had a hot mug of coffee waiting for me on the table. Nothing can beat a hot mug of coffee in the morning. A sure wake-me-up concoction! I tell you... the service there in Jenny's place is anytime better than any 5-Stars hotel ;) Or maybe one look at my 'charn' face in the morning scared the shit out of her... that's why the coffee...lols... Anyway, we continued our chit chatting session over coffee while I applied my ICIs. Seriously, if you ask me now what did we chatted about, I can't really recall much... hehehe. Our topics were so vast that we practically covers everything under the sky! (or was in under the sun?) Lols...

We decided to hang out at Jurong Point after that which is just one MRT station away. She even got me a preloaded Ezylink card (like our touch&go) siap-siap prior to my arrival. See... I told you. Better than even 6-stars right??? Hehehe... In Jurong Point, she brought me to this Japanese restaurant called 'Ichiban' for lunch.
The interior of the restaurant is generally quite typical. Small, crammy and yet, cozy. Maybe what Harrison had always said is right. Anywhere small & crammy is always cozy. Like very safe like that. As compared to our Zanmai Sushi here in KL, this one have wider varieties. I know, you must be wondering, how much more varieties can 'sushi' get? Sushi are generally just egg/crabstick/tuna/cucumber & etc wrapped with rice & seaweeds. Well, other than these, they have sushi wrapped in cucumber la... pink sushi la... green sushi la... and dunno wat dunno wat somemore. Those that we don't usually see here in KL. Other than those neverending stock-standard sushi going round and round on the conveyor, Jenny ordered some additional side dishes from the menu. I tell you, that women arr, was like trying her utmost best to kill me with food while I was there for 4 days. Thank God it was only 4 days. Any longer I might not be able to fly back. I might need a ship!
I think this is some crab sushi. Real pieces of crab meat ok. Not those cheapo crabstick kind.
This is fried salmon skin. She said to eat it like junk food like that. The thing is, after stuffing ourselves full with so many other things, to eat this like junk food is not as easy as it is said. Still, we wiped it clean.

And this, tempura ice cream which she insisted that I must try. Why not? Afterall, I never had fried ice cream before. There is nothing to shout about on the ice cream part cause I believe they uses those cheap Wall's ice cream for it. But the uniqueness of this tempura ice cream was the hot & cold sensation felt within when we put it inside our mouth. Heavenly.... !

We did some shopping after that to shed off some calories from lunch. Bought some singlets for sleeping which Jenny insisted that I should wear them for casual before downgrading them to bedtime. She said they are too pretty to sleep-in. I told her I need to sleep in something beautiful so that I would dream beautiful dreams. Lols...

An hour or so later, we decided to head home. I, for one, really needed my beauty nap. Was already yawning away. So freaking tired. We both agreed that these days, we no longer can shop all day long like we used to. Luckily her place is just one station away. Otherwise, I might've sleep-walked all the way home. Lols. I hit the bed immediately the moment we got home. Talking drained energy too, I now realised.

Later that night, after my beauty sleep, I hopped on an MRT and headed downtown to CityHall to meet up with another friend, Shrinne. We went for a drink at ToastBox while waiting for another dear friend of mine, Jeff (Shrinne's bf). We headed straight for dinner in Chinatown after that.

I tell you... their streets are so clean that it makes me feel like littering just so to make it look a little normal, a little less abnormal...:p But in Singkapoh, you dont play play arr... afterwards kena saman then you know. I was told arr, in MRT arr, now arr, very strict wor. Eat sweet also will kena le... Apparently, they will openly embarrass you by announcing over their PA system one. Really one.. no bluff one... damn fu lat right?? Really like some well-trained pets like that...
Beautifully restored old buildings lighted up at night in Chinatown.


We had frog porridge in Chinatown. Sorry, no photos on the food cause at that very moment, I had a severe stomachache. It must have be from the kopi ais I had earlier over at ToastBox. Didnt really get to enjoy my dinner cause was concentrating on suppressing the pain. It eventually subsided. Phew!

Spotted this strategically located moon over this beautifully lighted Buddhist temple on our back to the MRT station after dinner.
Beautiful colourful kites that were sold in Chinatown. It is strange how I only noted these kites now while looking thru all the photos taken. Didnt realised what I captured then. Blur...

From Chinatown, we went over to Clarke Quay. It was at this fountain Jeff told me that the bar on the other end of the fountain would offer free drinks to anyone who can get thru this fountain dry. And of course, that is a lie. I almost believe him. Idiot.

It was at Clarke Quay that we came across many interesting bars. German bar, Belgium bar, Turkey bar... you name it, they have it.

This one here shows a belly dance performing for the patrons. Very nice. The most interesting bar of all of course goes to this little place right by where the fountain is, called 'Clinic'. Yeah, a bar called CLINIC. Imagine this...

Mom: Where are u going?

Daughter/son: Clinic

Mom: Are you sick?

Or this,

Friends: Where do you hangout these days?

You: Clinic most of the time

Friends: Is everything alright? You not well?

Lols.... you get what I mean? Anyway, wait till you finds out details of the bar which will only be coming out on my Day 4 recollections when we took Harrison there... ;)

We walked on for awhile and finally settled in a quiet little place that specializes in the well-known 'Singapore Sling' cocktail. The ambience is nice, beautifully decorated with little red bottles of Singapore Sling. Had a tiny stage at one corner for a 3 piece band. Cosy. We ordered for ourselves something called 'Virgin Singapore Sling'. Mocktail la.... non-alcoholic drinks. Later on, the captain, also Jeff's friend, throw in a real 'Singapore Sling' for us to try. I noticed that all our drinks, virgin or non-virgin, comes with a little umbrella perched on the brim. According to Jeff, it will not be a Singapore Sling without the umbrella. I am not too sure about it. You decide for yourself on this one.

Ok now, how does the slings taste like? Well, for me, the virgin version tasted like 'Las Caretas Fruit Punch' (neh... the little Mexican restaurant in USJ?). I like it. The non-virgin version on the other hand, tasted kinda weird. Pretty difficult to flush down the thrat. Tasted like some Vicodin Cough Syrup like that. Sorry la Singkapoh... that's really how it tasted like... hehehehe....:p


The Xtreme Rides that was erected over at Clarke Quay. Don't know what it is actually called and I shall just call them the 'Super Slingshot' and the 'Super Swing'. Not sure if it is just me or in actual fact, everyone is feeling the same way I do. Whenever I see rides like these, I get excited. It is like the adrenaline within is already rushing even before I step on the ride. No, I didnt go for it. Pretty expensive ok. If not mistaken, S$25 per ride ok...that is equivalent to RM60? Nevermind la... I can spend my money better elsewhere.

We decided to call it a night early. Not too early also. 11:45ish alright. 15 more minutes to the last train. Need to catch the last train back. I managed to got in at Clarke Quay. It was at Outram Park that I needed to do some running in order not to miss the connecting train on the other end. When I said 'other end', it really means 'other end' ok. Not just across the platform. Totally across the station. Get off the train, 1 floor down, ran 200m, 1 floor up again. You think la... I am not sure whether I should run. But since other people ran, I mah run lor...lols... (the kiasu syndrome was already creeping into me on just Day 2! lols)...

Anyway, I got home alright. Harry was already asleep and Jenny was waiting for me. After shower, we continued our talking. Lols....

2 comments:

Samantha said...

ooo that looks like a lot of fun. especially love those food pictures...makes me lau hau sui

Redbabe said...

hahaha... honestly... while i was there... see food also sien already. It was like constantly eating only..lols.