WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Of Gleaming Kitchen & More Cushion Pillows!

Yesterday, when I got home from the vet, decided to clean out the kitchen.  Did just that and cleared out a bagful of expired stuff (time to go shopping!) and reorganized everything.  It kinda disturbing that things are all over the place.  It's personal.  When things are messy, it somehow able to disturb my mental peace.  :p  Now it felt so good to be in the kitchen knowing exactly where EVERYTHING is. :)

And today, it was the big bag of leftover polyester stuffing which I bought to make that blue cushion pillow for mom, disturbed my mental peace. :p  I just can't stand seeing the big bag sitting there day in day out.  So, I sew three white cushion pillow bags and stuffed them full with all the leftover polyester.  Finally, got rid of all those polyester! :)

I thought I would be happy after that.  But hell no!  The newly stuffed pillows without covers soon became an eyesore to me.  And so I decided to make them covers.  Again, with whatever balance fabric I have in my 'fabric box'. ;)
First, I made this.
Then I made this.
After that, this. :) 
 And finally, sticking on these red diamantes one by one. :)
Taa daa!  The workmanship may not be perfect.  But they are good enough for Chinese New Year!  Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni! Hehehehe.... :)




p/s: Am I suffering from something?  Lols....

7 comments:

mun said...

Red, red cushions all ready for CNY. You are so productive and diligent! Really "domesticated", hehehe.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

Very pretty pillow....maybe you can start sewing some curtain to go with the pillow, hahaha.

Mrs. K said...

I like these. Your making me feel bad because I haven't used my sewing machine much. LOL. These are so pretty. Maybe I'll try to make some pillows some time.

Redbabe said...

Mun.. only the cushion...lols. Am still too lazy to put up the rest of the deco. Am skipping the pussy willow though.

Mom... curtain? errmm.. no tq. Lols..

Mrs K... but u r too busy.. :(

Alina Grace said...

So pretty!!!!!!!!!

What I Did Today said...

Wow! Look at you go! So industrious and organized and crafty! I might be a teensy bit jealous. Give me some of that drive!

Redbabe said...

Geez... thanks Alina.

WIDT.... if u concentrate hard enough, u might FEEL the drive heading your way...*hahahahaha*