WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Ho Ho Steamboat Restaurant

I know it is food again.  I simply have to share this. :)  Met up with friends for a steamboat dinner two days ago (the day after Saffron) at this place called 'Ho Ho Steamboat Restaurant' in Sri Petaling.  It was good!  Real good.  

Used to like the other steamboat restaurant called "Bee Ho" over in Subang Jaya.  Unfortunately, since our last visit there about 2 months ago, thought otherwise of it.  Not only were the service sucks, the standard of their food dropped too.   So imagine my delight when I was brought to this new steamboat restaurant that goes with my palate!
They served fresh seafood (not many steamboat restaurant do) and as usual, I couldn't resist to order one or two fresh crabs.  Always love crabs cooked like these.  Simple and not complicated.
Other than the standard platter (which consists of a variety of steamboat food) and crabs, we ordered another side dish of pork strips too.
How you do it is, just dump everything into the hot soup, cover the lid to the pot and wait for it to boil.  Once bubbly, it's time to dig in.  Seriously that easy!  And not forgetting drizzling in some shallots oil.  A steamboat meal would not be complete with shalots oil and yummy chilli sauce.
This Ho Ho Restaurant is pretty clean too (compared to Bee Ho).  Service is good.  I would definitely be back again!  For more info on Ho Ho Steamboat Restaurant, check out their website here.

6 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Hhhmmm...looks damn yummy! Simple and yummy!

mun said...

I know this place, the restaurant is always full. I've not been there since 1999.

What I Did Today said...

Oh wow. Looks good. You've reminded me that I forgot to have lunch. Man, I'm starving!

Redbabe said...

mun, i only realised they actually took up 3 shoplots as well as the upstairs on sunday when i brought the husband there. my gosh, it was really jam packed there! from now on, it gonna b only on weekdays.

munak said...

did you try their seafood fried tofu?? Its the best!

Redbabe said...

Munak, welcome to my blog. :) I did not try that :( Thanks for the recommendation though. I shall try that next time :)