WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Colour & Go

I've been having some 'downtime' since last weekend.  Practically slept thru Sunday and Monday, day dreamed thru Tuesday and Wednesday, though I was working on Wed, groggily that is.  I think I gotten a cold, but the congestion in my lungs are more significant than those from my nose and nothing seems to be coming out no matter how hard I coughed.  And the coughs are exceptionally bad at night when I tried to sleep.  Sigh...  When I finally fall asleep without another bout of cough frenzy, the new poodle puppy next door would start whining or the darn dog in our porch would start barking at every damn thing that he glimpses.  OMG...  All these are just plain irritating.   

Finally feeling slightly better today and dragged myself out of the house this morning for I just couldn't stand the grey roots of my hair that has grown almost an inch since my last touch up about a month ago.  Yeah, believe it not, I have grey hair issues.  It's genetic.  They just start popping up the moment I hit 30s.  So punctual like they are preset or something.  

What I've been doing all these while was to head down to my regular hair saloon nearby, pay RM165 and waste away my 2 hours (if I am lucky) sitting there doing nothing while the colourist touch up my grey roots follow by a hair treatment.  Honestly, 2 hours is an understatement.  Sometimes it takes as long as 3 hours!!!  I seriously hate going to the saloon.  That's also one of the reason why I decided to keep my hair long again.  At least I don't need to worry about having it trim every 3 weeks or so.  My goodness, I really can't keep up with all these things.  

While going thru some flyers at work yesterday, I came across this 'Colour N Go Salon'.  Same concept with those 'Cut N Go Salon' where they offer no frills hair cut services for RM15 or something?  Their flyer says:

Cover grey hair within 5-10 minutes
Korean product with 6 different colors
Cut & touch up grey hair (in 1 hour) = RM65
Trim & rinse = RM25
Shampoo & blow = RM25

"No itchiness, scalp irritation or smelly chemical like ammonia."  

Interesting isn't it.  Not only does it cost less than half of what I usually paid, it only need 1 hour max and ammonia free!  There is exactly where I went this morning to touch up those horrible grey roots.  :)

End result
It was as good as advertised.  No itchiness, scalp irritation or smelly ammonia.  It actually smells pretty nice.  The colourist told me the colors they used are organic.  All done within 1 hour.  In fact, their work is neater too as compared to the regular salon I used to frequent.  Like they won't accidentally coloured your ears, hairlines and etc.  Though the set up was rather bare; only for practicality, I think I would go back again. If you too share this 'monthly' problem like mine (besides the other monthly problem), and wanna give 'Colour N Go' a try, go check them out here: website.  :)  Save time and money too!



4 comments:

mun said...

I'll bring my mother there when she needs to touch up her grey hairs. Thanks for the recommendation.

Redbabe said...

for your mom, u can do for her mah... hehehe... :) I cant see mine at the back that's why need to go to the salon :) lols nevertheless, let me know the feedback ya..

khim said...

thx 4 all the tested, tried, recommendations, reviews & sharings :)

Redbabe said...

Khim.. u r most welcome. yeah, tested, tried. Hair still on the head. :)