WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our CNY in Kluang & The City of the Merlion

It was a great trip back home to Kluang for the past 3 days 2 nights. Actually, we were there for just 2 days. 1 of the day was spent in Singapore. Since everyone (my uncles & aunties) has already left after the CNY holiday, we are left with pretty much, nothing to do. Of course, except for mahjong la... but that's beside the point. So, spontaneously/adhocly/last minute-ly, we decided to make a day trip to the city of the Merlion, i.e. Singapore, the following day.
***
We also visited an Aunt of ours who just had an appendicities' ops in a hospital. All is well for her, thank God. :) May she get well soon.


(she requested me to keep her identity anonymous)


Met up with a friend of ours' in town later that day. She brought me to this Kuan Yin's temple (goddess of mercy) on Waterloo Street which according to her, is very 'ling' (accurate & will grant wishes). When she warned me that in the event if we got separated, we shall wait in front of the temple; I thought she was joking. I almost laugh out loud, till I saw how packed it really was, I listened to her attentively (at that moment, I forgot that modern technology called handphone...).
***
So off we went, into the temple. Amidst hundreds of men & women, girls & boys, standing or kneeling, I offered some flowers and burning joss sticks and said my prayers. I even did that bamboo thingy and got a good 'chim'. Seriously, the 'ling-ness' of the temple had me slightly taken aback. The aura I felt while I was there and the answer to my prayer were so detailed.



From the temple, we took a cab to Takashimaya cause I wanna find some really nice dinner dresses. Found one that I fell head over heels with, gold satin beneath an ornamented black organza. I practically drooled over it. But thought better of it. I didn't buy it cause i can't bear to part with my S$170 (RM400). Sad la... but nevermind la... see how it goes first. If I really can't eat or sleep without it, then maybe I'll go buy la... lols (that's my acid test for buying expensive stuff)...lols
***
As mahjong has been the highlight for these past couple of days, when I saw these cute mahjong cupcakes at Taka, I can't resist to snap a photo of it eventhough displeasure were plastered all over the face of the minder. Unfortunately, it didnt turn out well. Somehow, the character on top disappeared. Over exposed. Actually, it has 'fatt choy', 'pak pan', 'hung zhung' & etc. I wanted to snap again but the sales lady kinda like glaring at me when I told her I just wanna snap a picture of it... hahahaha :p who cares anyway... not as if she made those cupcakes...:p



Later that night, we had dinner at this little restaurant in Pasir Ris called something Breeze. The ambience were fantastic, it was set right by the shore. Other than the nice dinners, the soothing sound of lapping waves, the strong cool breeze hitting our faces, the lovely company, the overall setting, it was so...nice. If it is not for we have to go back to Kluang the same night, we would have ordered some wine, and absorb in the romantic atmosphere :-) We shall go there again next time.

Earlier, on our way to Singapore, after dropping my cousin off at another cousin's house in JB (cause he didnt have his passport with him), we dropped by to visit my JB's grandma. She was happy to see us. She is a tiny old lady and we look so gigantic next to her.

As I mentioned earlier, that mahjong has been the highlight of our this trip back home to Kluang, it was all because that the other 2 days that we are in Kluang, we busied ourselves with mahjong.. hehehe... We only play once a year and it is really fun. Especially fun for me this year cause for the first time in my life, I won in mahjong!!! It's worth to note it here cause I don't know when will it happen again next... lols. So here's a photo to share. There is no big deal in the card formation here. Just that, I got no flowers, so, however way I formed it, I'll win 'pit' (max). Best part is, I've so many such cards!!! Heng le...... :) - As I kept on winning, a mischievious grinning PP's face popped into my mind. I couldn't help but had a feeling that she got something to do with it.
***
So that basically sum up our CNY in Kluang. Though it is our first year without PP, it was alright. I believe it is just a matter of time. Soon, before we know it, we would have gotten used to not having her around.

3 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

ya la, ya la very heng hor??? win my money nevermind, show off somemore, Teruk la.....

Redbabe said...

neh..neh neh neh ... neh! :P

still wanna play???

Clarins said...

erm, the ah cheong's angpau i received already. Dai yee gave to me today.