WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, January 2, 2009

My New New Year

First day of 2009 started off quite early for me (that is by my standard la) cause I have a New Year breakfast appointment with a bunch of lovely ladies. The alarm went off at 8am but I only managed to drag myself out of bed 45 minutes later. Work also not so rajin...
(the lovely ladies & of course the cute Alex)

We met for dim sum breakfast at 9:30am at the Imperial China Restaurant in Subang Jaya. When I finally made my grand entrance at 9:38am, I quickly spotted the clan sitting cozily in one of the big table. Luckily for me, I am not the last. Good improvement on punctuality (not me of course, but them. I am just striving to be late so that they are early) lols...

(Florence & baby Alex - cute isn't him?)

One thing good that did happened this New Year is the reconciliation of some estranged friendship & family relations. Way to go girls! It was just a pity that An not able to join us this time round - rumours has it that she got in quite late the previous night and can't wake up in time.

It was a nice breakfast catching up with each other and gossipping without having yawning husbands around fighting hard not to fall asleep or children fighting for mommies' attention. It was just us, girls, and of course, baby Alex too. He has been such a darling throughout the two and a half hour breakfast session without a single whine (even though he pooped in his diaper).

By the time breakfast is over, it was already noon. Did some groceries shopping in Sri Kota and after that, got my hair done. Finally. Been wanting to do something to my hair for ages.

So, there I was, at the salon from 1:30 till 7:30pm. Freaking 6 hours. Sat till my bum bum also sored already. Not to say I have a lot of hair but just a miserable bunch of hair also need 6 hours to handle. It was like this...

Step 1: wash, blow dry & cut
Step 2: wash, blow dry, bleach old highlights & coloured based
Step 3: wash again, blow dry, highlights
Step 4: wash & blow dry

(the back of my hair done in orange highlights)


My hair never felt so clean in my entire life. 5 washes in a day. Have you have that too? My whole body ached for sitting too long. I told Belle (my hairstylist) that they should get those reclining chairs so that we can be in our dreamland while they work their magic on our mane. She said I am not the first to suggest. If I am not the first, then why am I still sitting on that most uncomfortable chair on earth???? lols..:p

(the front of my hairdone in cherry red)

After my 6 hours ordeal at the salon, I quickly rushed home to change for family dinner at this place called 'Cha Wong' (Tea King) in Kuchai Lama together. Besides the usual 6 of us, Harrison's aunties and cousins joined us too. It was a lovely dinner. I always love eating there. Their style of cooking is very unique.

Anyway, that's about what happened on my new year day. A new hairstyle, renewed family ties & friendship for a happy new year. :)

11 comments:

Gerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerry said...

Thank you for posting on our dim sum date. I wanted to, but figured that you or Alina would get to it so got lazy and waited.. haha.. Great description!!

And your hair is FABULOUS!!! I love it! So clean and neat! Simple yet stylish! Way to go, angel!!

Redbabe said...

Thank you thank you.....i love it too...now i feel light headed (literally)..lols

i was waiting for your posting on dimsum breakfast so I can steal photos... mana tau, wait wait also dun have. then i went into your FB hoping to find some photos.. also dun have... finally stole from Alina's. :p

traCe said...

wahaha..kenapa takda picture of the food ah? Nice kah?

Oooh lalalala.. sexy redbabe now is super sexy redbabe .. very nice hairstyle! Love it~~

Redbabe said...

too many ppl.. i paisey take out my camera..lols... 'i paisey'.. sounds weird hor... lols

i do hope it is sexy and not aunti.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

you look so good in that new hair style, l did mine too on boxing day.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

by the way...happy new year to the bunch of lovely ladies, "miss you all"

Terri Chai said...

Wow!! who's that young & sexy babe? Nice! Very nice.. :)

Redbabe said...

mom, thanks. yr new hairstyle looks good too.

terri, thanks.

Anonymous said...

You look HOT!!!!!

Redbabe said...

hahahaha.... hot. not only look hot, feels hot too. lols... thanks