WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christianity Vs The Law Of Attractions

I met with this friend the other day. He recently accepted Christ and became a Christian already la... So we had a drink & chit chatted. Somehow we got into the topic of dogs (he has one too - we ppl with no children talks only about dogs and other things. Never about babies).
***
Anyway, as we were talking, I decided to tell him about how I had wished for Husky.... and how I got exactly what I wished for. Hau lian (show off) a bit la that I got super power. Then I went on telling him about positive thinking and that if we wished for something, and want it hard enough, we'll get it.
***
Him: Do you always get what you wished for?
Me: Yeah.. not all the time, but most of the time la..
Him: Then God must have really love you.
Me: *Blur + Eyes popping out*
***
So I told him, I am not against his God and that I come in peace... lols.. The thing is, we must always have faith in ourselves. If you have that, your dreams will come true and whatever you wish for will manifest itself (I learned the word 'manifest' from my friend Gerry).
***
Him: But sometimes people do get what they wished for. Just that they didn't know God manifest it for them.
Me: *mouth zipped + popped eyes hanging down nose*
Him: We are all God's children. Daughters & sons. God is like our Father. If we pray for something, a Father will definitely answer His children's wishes.
Me: oo.. uhuh.
***
The thing is, sigh... all I can say is, when you believe that your God will grant your wishes, you believed. So, with your believing, you are so positive that you will get what you wished for. If you believe God will get you a 5-series, you will start imagining your finger caressing it's sexy steering cruising up Genting Highlands. If you believe hard enough, it will somehow manifest cause you will be so motivated towards it. It's simply known as the law of attractions. The likes attract the likes. If you have the slightest doubt, it wont work. You just gotta believe.
***
Anyway, my boss & I had a chat this afternoon on our way out to lunch regarding this and we concluded that it is like this... "GOD HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES". How very true. If we just sit at home believing god will bestowed upon us abundance without us lifting a finger... can? (or maybe its possible, i don't know. You may need really strong Positive thoughts) But then again, we still need to create opportunities for God to manifest our wishes right? He can't be raining down gold or money right? (ACA will question him).
***
That reminds me of something I heard over a movie. About a man stranded in the middle of the sea and held on to a piece of drifting wood. He prayed to God to save him. A moment later, a boat passes by and offered help but the man say 'no thank you'. Then he prayed again for God to save him. When another boat came by, once again he said 'no thank you'. Hours passes and there is no other boats come to his rescue and in a moment of frustration, he asked, 'God, why didn't you save me?'. Then God appeared and said... "I sent you 2 boats you dumb dumb"...
***
You get what I mean? Whatever la... I also not sure what I am blabbering. These days my thoughts seems to be jumbled up in one tight knot. Siow (mad) already I think...
***
p/s: why are we hardly hear a Buddhist imposing their beliefs on others but constantly of a Christianity preacher? Enlighten me please.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

No offense to Christians out there but I seriously cannot tahan certain Christians who constantly imposed their beliefs upon others too. I wish they would be more respectful towards others' beliefs.

I'm very fortunate though, most of my friends who are Christians don't do that

Redbabe said...

Wen... yeah...I am not against Christians either. Just that I felt very suffocated when some Christians start to talk like that. They should respect others' beliefs too.