WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hair Cut = Happy Hormones?

I was chatting with a friend over msn and we were talking about my new hair cut. Of course she said my short hair looks good, at least something new rather than the previously forever long hair. I think so too.
As we were chatting, I was telling her something about how going to get my hair done for a new hairstyle felt kinda destressing. You know, it is like if you have some problems, whether you are angry or sad or depressed or stressed, by having your hair restyled, it felt kinda like getting rid of all the 'suay' (unlucky/problems) and somehow, after that whole process, we kinda emerged fresh and brand new. It's like everything are wiped clean. All troubles gone.

This friend of mine, totally agreed about the feeling. She felt that way too. The conclusion is, besides exercising, a hair cut too produces the feel good feeling - i.e. endorphine. How many of you felt the same? If you feel like shit, go get a hair cut. It will make you feel better.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

oh I totally agree! In the past, whenever I have a bad breakup, I'd go get a haircut. Immediately after that, I felt fresh and ready to move on...