WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My CNY in KL

Gong Hei Fatt Choy to you all who are celebrating CNY. I bet everyone celebrates CNY in Malaysia, cause we are Malaysian. We Malaysian celebrates Christmas, Deepavali, Hari Raya, Wesak, CNY... So, happy holiday guys... :)
(Chrysanthenum flowers which I bought for our house in Taman Desa)


Our CNY was spent at Maseira with Harrison's parents, my in-laws. This is my first CNY as a daughter-in-law and as a wife. Also means, this is our first time to distribute angpow. It was kinda fun. Besides distributing, we also received quite a number of angpow. Apparently, we still can accept angpow on the first CNY after kahwin. At least can recover a bit... lucky wor...
I gotten the flu bug on the eve of CNY. Other than the standard CNY activities, I am most of the time, resting in the room. Even for fireworks, which I loved so very much, I was too lazy to run out to enjoy it. Luckily for me, there was one bursting right outside our room's balcony. It was so beautiful.
I've never felt so disconnected from the world before for the past couple of days. No matter what we tried, we just don't seems to be able to log onto the world wide web. So cham.
(my useless laptop sitting at the corner of the room)
Relatives came to visit on the first day of CNY. We had nice vegetarian lunch together. After which, we went to several temples in town to pray. At one of this particular temple in Petaling Street, I've never seen so many beggars at one time. When Harrison told me earlier to prepare some coins for the beggars, I thought he was joking. Mana tau, really one. There are easily more than 20 of them and most of the are healthy people with legs and hands. Sigh... nevermind la... I distributed the coins I brought to all of them.

(me lepaking outside our room's balcony)


On the second day, all the office staff came to visit. The kids had hell of a good time sliding down the grass slope in the garden while their parents have fun chit chatting & munching down all the cookies. It was nice. I can remember all their names by now.
(Some other plants I bought for our house in Taman Desa. Nice)


We came back to our own home today and invited some friends over for dinner. I cooked some simple stuff (but ended up having too much meat :p). I bought no one gets any food poisoning... hehehe.... After dinner, we played blackjack. I lost RM60. But then, what's new? I never win at gamble before (except for the year my mom got her heart attack). How to win la like that? But nevermind la... it was fun. The kids have fun too running around jumping on the sofa. hehehhehe....:) It was a really pleasant evening.
(dig in)

(terri brought this blueberry cake)

Will be going back to Kluang tomorrow to visit my family. Will try to get more photos to share when I get back...;) Bye


1 comment:

Clarins said...

You and ah Cheong's angpau mommy have given to Ah Hoe, remember to take from him la! REMEMBER!!!