WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CNY in Mid Valley & Home

Was at MidValley over the weekend. CNY deco is already up. Here are some photos to share. This pink one is in Garden City. There was a chinese troupe playing out some CNY's songs when we were there.
This one here, with red deco is at the center court of MidValley. Nice hor...

In exactly 12 days it will be CNY. I haven't bought anything yet. Anything as in CNY goodies like packet drinks, tid-bits, mandarin oranges and etc. As for new clothing, also nothing yet.
***
As in tradition, year after year a very good friend of mine who is involved in clothing business will settled this part of problem for me. I am not a 'new clothes for CNY' person. I hate the crowd at the malls during this festive season and I hate the idea of bumping into someone wearing exactly the same shirt I bought for CNY (as you know, everyone will be shopping for CNY, so it is inevitable that another 100 person will be buying exactly the same thing as us).
***
I am not fussy with clothing. So year after year, this good friend of mine will insist that we have to at least wear something new; preferably red, for CNY to ensure good luck. So whenever she goes for her last minute CNY shopping, she never fail to grab something red for me. So, as time goes, i somehow relied on her to settle my CNY wardrobe issues. This year, unfortunately for me (fortunate for her), business is so busy that she havent got the time to pick out stuff for me. She asked me to get them at their other outlet which is nearer to my place... but I am still lazy. Will probably go later after delivering some stuff to a customer in town.
***
Other than that, I supposed to go to the market this morning to get some 'pussy willows' (harrison is so tickled by the name of it) but I can't wake up in time despite Harrison kicking me couple of times (I told him to kick till I wake up this morning). Also, I don't have a big vase for it. I need to solve the vase problem first then only my waking up issue.
***
Seriously, I am really not in the mood but still have to do it cause afterall, this is the first year that we are celebrating CNY as husband and wife. Whatever it is, must have a little of festive mood at home. Am not in the mood cause yesterday, the doctor at the hospital told mom to take PP home and that she have less than two weeks to live. Despite it being a good news (cause that will ease PP's suffering), somehow it is still a sad news. How festive can that piece of news be?

4 comments:

i said...

I'm with you! Just hate the CNY shopping crowd! I wanted to buy some pussy willows last year too but never did get any for the same reason as you - no vase. One year down the road, still no vase. LOL! Talk about procrastination!

Sorry to hear about your granny. I know how it feels like...Gone through that.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers

Samantha said...

At least you still have the festive ambience in Malaysia but I'm stuck here in a place where not much people celebrate CNY. However I'm going to make plans for CNY and make it good since it's my first CNY here after all.

About your PP, even though she'll move on but she'll always live on in your heart and be remembered always

Redbabe said...

serendipity, thanks for your prayers... :)

yeah man... hate the crowds. i went to a friend's shop earlier today, bought all the stuff i wanted. No crowd. Peaceful shopping.

you still wanna go buy vase? we can go together :)

Redbabe said...

Wen,

I can imagine your CNY over there...lols. Nvmd, just simply do something yourself... lols. can go china town or something... :)