WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Petaling Street Breakfast

Friday morning, the day after Library, met up with the Altezzarians once again. And this time, for some real solid food. No liquid food.
***
It was 10am and the venue was in Petaling Street. As we were snaking in and out of Petaling Street looking for carparks, I managed to snap some of these from the car with the window wind down.
Old fashion trading businesses of dry food. They were loading up the van preparing for the day's deliveries.


Went thru Lorong Bandar 16 seeking for that multi-tiers automated carparks. Only to find out that it was no longer usable. Look pretty run down. Even have packets of teh tarik hanging on the fencing around it.

As we were turning into another carpark opposite the Hindu Temple, caught this one here. A stall set up at the turn of the road, selling flower garlands offering.
***
Got to the carpark easily. Still plenty of space at that time of the day. Met up with the rest of the group at 'Hon Kee Porridge' in Petaling Street. Been there so many times but never realised of its existense. I am not a big fan of porridges. That explained.

Apparently, Hon Kee are known for it's 'Chu Chap Chuk' (pork mix porridge) where a large portion of it was crispy fried pork intestine. I can't stomach that. It has been a really long time since I last gobbled down anything gross. Definately not this. Not on an empty stomach in the morning.

The husband cant too. He had this instead. 'Kai si chuk' (shredded chicken porridge). This one here looks ok. Definately stomachable. I didnt order any porridge for myself cause it was a freaking hot morning. The idea of sweating thru my bra and panty did not seems very comfortable.
Instead, I opted for this one. Plain 'chee cheong fun' with sweet sauce. My all time favourite. :)
***
We sat there, at the five foot way, enjoyed our old fashion breakfast, tokkok and laughed. It was really hot that morning. I bet the boys underwear were drenched in sweat by time we left. Lols
***
Got home. Took a nap. Bathed Rumba & Sunshine. Left for Kluang after that. What a morning.

No comments: