WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Lazy Saturday in Kluang

Here are some photos to share. Taken on Saturday when we were back in Kluang.
***
Heard mom's car left the house. Cant stop her in time. She went to the gym. As I was already wide awake and have nothing else to do, I started to whisper "I am hungry... I am hungry... I am hungry..." by the husband's ear until he is awake too. :p
This is my Kluang's house. The old fashion gate-less community. Lols...

The colourful petunias in full bloom planted by mom.

The electric pole opposite our house where I used to spot an owl resting on top of it at night every now and then a long time ago when a big part of the nearby land was still surrounded by luscious plantations/bushes. Now they are all just cordoned off bare lands or new housing development. I know, it's sad.
***
Those are some snapshots I took of my old home while waiting for the husband to reverse out the car. We are on way out for breakfast. Decided to go for the one at the railway station cause I felt like watching some trains.

The famous Kluang Coffee. It was really good.

The husband had 4 packets of nasi lemak + 2 half boiled eggs. The wife (me), had 2 packets + 2 half boiled eggs. Yummy. I always love this kind of nasi lemak. Sweet sambal with big onions, crunchy kacang (peanuts) and ikan bilis (anchovies) and maximum, 3 spoonful of nasi lemak (coconut rice).

There is this thing about being in a railway station. Positive thing. Like a feel good feeling like that. Not sure it was from 'nostalgia' or that of 'adventures' or even 'excitement'. I felt absolutely peaceful just by sitting there, sipping my cup of java, munching down kaya butter toast, while watching people going about their life, getting on and off trains, bidding farewells, exciting squels of children. Wondering where is their next destinations.

Old Ah Pek carrying huge newspaper wrapped packages. I wonder what's inside.

Kind samaritan helping Ah Pek to load his 'baggages' onto the train while boarding.

The Railmaster flagging off the train when all passengers are boarded.
***
We left after the train left.
On way home, at the Bomba (fire brigade) traffic junction, I took this photo. A building built in 1956. 53 years old. Half a century old. During 'my time', there used to be a 'TongFong' shoe shop on the ground floor. 'My time' cause I only know it two decades ago. Not sure what it was before that. It may be running a different business during 'my mom's' time.
***
Got home, my got back shortly, complained hungry. Apparently she waited for our breakfst call but we didnt want to disturb her at gym. Anyway, out we go again, to eat.

We had an early lunch at a vegetarian restaurant nearby. The food was alright. A little too much taste for our liking if you know what I mean. A tad too overwhelming on 3rd or 4th bite. Or maybe we are just still too full from breakfast. Halfway thru, realised that all three of us wore pink! Got the waitress to snap this one for us. We actually matches the plates & bowls set out on the table... hahaha...



After lunch, supposed to drop the husband off at home while mom & I will go to a salon to get our hair done. Somehow, the salon part didnt materialised.


Mom chilling out with a basket of grapes. Pondering. I wonder of what.

Old family photos decorating the wall.
***
In the end, we both took a nap. A really long one too. 4 hours I think. By time we woke up, it was time for that birthday dinner with those beautiful people. ;)

No comments: