WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our Neighbour

We slept very well last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Amazingly well and it felt kinda strange but we simply brushed it aside. Come Monday, only we realised (or rather, I realised) why we slept so well for the past few nights. It was all because our neighbour with 5 kids were away for holiday... hehehe...
***
I think they got back late Sunday night or early Monday morning cause their autogate started to open and close early in the morning, while we are still snoozing away (half snoozing more like it since I am aware of their movements). Other than the autogate, there were also constant impatient hand banging against the car hurrying the other family members. Followed by the screaming of the mommy hurrying the kids. In return, it would be the chattering/grumbling/screaming match from the kids. Ahh.... and these are on a non-school day. ;)
***
On a typical school day, the closing and opening of the gate + the screaming match start as early as 6:45am and it will go on until 9am. After 9am, the screaming will stop but the opening & closing of gate will continued on. Hmm... on average, every hour.
***
Mommy & daddy goes to work - open & close.
Granny goes to market - open & close.
Granny got back from market - open & close
Granny forgot to buy something - open & close
Granny got home - open & close
Kids no.1 & 2 got home from school - open & close
Kids no. 3 & 4 got home - open & close
Kids No.1 & 2 goes tuition - open & close
Kids no. 4 got home - open & close
Kids no. 1 & 2 got home - open & close
Kids no. 5 got home - open & close....
***
Where was I already? Basically, it was something like that la.. day in day out. Every now and then, you will hear .. 'cling... clang...' and that would be the gate.... lols. It's a norm already. It actually felt strange when they are not around. It will be all eerily too quiet.

Other than all the choatic noises from our neighbour, there were also some noises that were melodiously relaxing and almost peaceful. I am not sure it was from kid number what but he/she can played really well on the piano... (which also start as early as 8:30am by the way). They were beautiful pieces from classical to modern contemporary. Couple of times, he/she even played some jazzy pieces (my favourite).
***
That was actually the reason why I decided to set up a cozy corner on the porch - two rattan chairs plus a coffee table. Haven't found the perfect table yet though. Did thought of converting the spare car sport rims sitting in the kitchen to a coffee table but there were some complications along the conversion. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to enjoy a cup of coffee/tea out there admist the beautiful piano tunes while I scan thru the morning paper (which I didn't subsribed... hahaha.... ok la.. maybe while I enjoy a book...:p).

You notice that I mentioned 'almost peaceful'. Really, it was peaceful when the piano is playing. Not until another kid (not sure number what either), decided to join in with his 'recorder'. You know, those that we played in primary school? Yeah... those 'pep pep pep' sound kind.... lols... It is like, all of a sudden, an intrusion of something extremely obnoxious into your otherwise blissful space. Honestly, the 'pep pep pep' sound which suppose to be music can be rather irritating.
***
Now I can imagine what my neighbour in Kluang must have gone thru when I was in one of those days where I aspired to be a 'musician' with my recorder... hehehe... God, please bless my neighbour in Kluang and their family for they have suffered so much when I was in one of those 'I wanna be a musician' days - which was rather a lot! ;) hahahaha

2 comments:

mun said...

You're very creative to think of converting a car sport rims into a coffee table. I can imagine your corner on the porch will turn out to be very lovely and cozy.

Redbabe said...

Thanks Mun... I hope so it will turn out lovely & cozy. But right now, that little project has been put on hold until I find the right table. :)