WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thank You

Thank you to you, you and you for dropping by to wish me a happy 32nd birthday yesterday as well as to those of you, you and you who had sent me many many best wishes over sms. Thank you so very much.
Since my friend Terri so kindly publicized my age, so I guess there is nothing to hide also. It is not that I am secretive with my age, just that, I lost count of it when I turned 30. So I can never be sure whether I am 31 or 33. You know what I mean? I would usually just go with 'I am 30 plus...'. Only after that I will start working backwards with the mathematic... lols...
I am sure you guys are full of anticipation and can't wait to find out what I did for my birthday. Like, where I went for dinner, what yummy food I had, how many hundreds of presents I received, what my darling gave me.... I can't wait to share too. This is by far, the most interesting birthday I had. ;)
Ok. Let me give you a run thru of my spectacular fantabulous 32nd birthday. Suppose to be on medical leave but due to some urgency at work, I drove myself to work extra early on this auspicious day of mine cause boss personally requested for me to go in early. Sat in front of my laptop like a zombie (due to flu tranquiliser) with a mask strapped over my pretty face and worked till 5pm, skipping lunch and all cause no appetite (due to flu tranquiliser also). Everything tasted like metal.
Got home at 5:15pm, switched on the tv and laze on the couch and fell into deep slumber within seconds (tranquiliser). Better half got home at about 5:45pm with a big bouquet and a birthday card. I woke up, accepted the flowers & card, left it on the couch next to me, and fell back into slumber while he cleaned & fed Rumba, Sunshine & Husky at the back. Due to my addiction to the drama "Little Nyonya" over channel 301, I somehow managed to drag myself sitting upright from 7pm-8pm just for that.
After the movie, my better half asked if I would like to go to a certain favourite restaurant of mine for dinner. One look at my pathetic sick face, without having the need for me to answer him, he already knew the answer. So in the end, we just head down to MidValley to chin chai makan since we also need to grab some neccessities for the house.
I draped on my comfy gym pants + comfy long sleeve shirt, chin chai combed hair, zero make up, and off we went to MidValley. We chin chai ate at this place called "i-canton" i think then went on to grab some stuff for the house at Carrefour before we headed back home again.
So, there you go, my fantabulous 32nd birthday... lols. No mood to go anywhere cause all I can think of was to curl up in my comfy bed at home. No appetite to eat anything cause my usual lion appetite was be being suppressed by the medicines that I am taking. No presents cause I cant think of anything that I really really wanted bad enough. Yeah... I am contented like that. Honestly, it is just a birthday. What's the big deal? Just a day where 32 years ago, my mom pushes me out into this world. So I guess birthdays should be celebrated by mothers instead of us. Lols...
But then again, I'll of course rain check the rights to present till I can think of something that I really wanted as well as the dinner till I am feeling much better (meaning, when I am able to taste anything other than metal). So, once again, Happy Birthday to me. Like that lor...

2 comments:

Terri Chai said...

So it was a 'Chin Cai' birthday la.. heheheeh!

Gerry said...

hhahhaa...

just to let you know, your pressie is on the way...