WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Birthday Present

My birthday present from the girls finally arrived. Gerry called me awhile ago asking for directions to my place (and I've stayed here for almost a year). So I spruced up my place a little, thought she might wanna pop in while she is here. As I was settling down in front of the tv waiting for her arrival, my phone rang with her name blinking on the screen. The first line was... "You feel like killing me arr?". Somehow she ended up in Kuchai Lama. Gave her a little more directions and off she went again.
Moments later, she called again. No she didnt lost her way. She did found her way into Taman Desa but she don't know where the house is. Yeah, she is my best friend. So I told her, yeah, now I feel like killing her. She begged for me not to kill her for she come in peace....lols...
We talked for awhile over the phone, and finally she found herself in front on my gate and I went out to welcome her... hehehe... She said she is just dropping off my present as she have somewhere else to be and hope that I like it. Alright. It is from her & Terri. I hugged her thank you & goodbye while Sunshine was also out sniffing around for a perfect spot to do her business. Lols...

My best friend also added that she think she wrote my name wrongly. I told her I know (even before looking at it). Must be the 'Chew', must have written it something else (as usual). She said, "yeah, I wrote it as 'Chui'". So I said... "how many years already arr???". She somemore replied me le... "close to 10 years...". So I told her jokingly "you know what, why not you just go kill yourself. I dont want to waste energy...".. She just laughed and bidded me farewell....hehehe... you see la... my best friend konon... lols......

Look what they have gotten me? 'The Big Book of Quilts & Quilting'! Interesting! It is just strange that I suddenly have a vision of a slightly hunch little old lady with a headful of grey hair loosely knotted into a bun and a spectacle resting on her nose concentrating on the book as she work away on a sewing machine. It just flashes right before my eye. Gosh! Is that who I am going to be? Better take more calcium pills from now on for the hunch.... Lols... Thanks girls!


4 comments:

Gerry said...

Solli solli.. hehehe... for losing my way and spelling your "Chew" incorrectly...

And no, the present is not for your old age activity. It is for you to learn how to make quilts for Terri and I... ;pppppppppp just kidding... have fun with it! We just thought this might add on to your creativity. Love ya!

Redbabe said...

haha.. no worries. thanks!

Terri Chai said...

My main purpose of giving you the present is very simple only... SO that you will make me a NICE pretty quilt so that I can use till old age..!!
So the actual fact is.. the present is not so much for you... it's more for ME!! :D
Muahahahahaha...

Redbabe said...

haha... it's gonna be 'wishful thinking' for the both of u. I dont understand a word it says let a lone sew!...lols