WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dogs are Smart

I am very thankful that I kept Rumba's & Sunshine's coat short. It is so easy to maintain and fast to blow dry. Took my time to slowly bathe and groom them yesterday. Trimmed off furs on their paws, brushed off matted coat, cleaned their ears. Didnt do any botak-ing cause am keeping Sunshine's coat longer, hopefully, in time to come, I'll be able to shave something fancy on her back. Muahahahaa.... They smell good & look so white now. And most importantly, huggable!

I noticed that they behaved better on grooming table when Harrison is not around. Very calm and patience. They will let me do whatever I want. When I need to blow dry their hind legs, they will even stick it out for me to do so. Or when I need to carefully trim the fur on their face slowly, they will sit very still when I tell them.. "dont move". Even for Husky, who is separated from all the actions by a gate, was not barkish. Instead, he will entertain himself with his toys, flipping it all over the place.

Harrison & I, would usually does the dog grooming together. I will bathe them and he will blow dry them and I'll tied up the loose ends. And on all these occasions, not that they are difficult, but they would seems to move about a lot whenever we blow dry them. And Rumba, after about 20 minutes or so, she would start grumbling impatiently. We would have to let her off running around half dry most of the time.

Yesterday was all good and peaceful. Easy peasy. Easy peasy until Harrison got home that is. The moment they hear his car at the front porch, the monster behind will keep barking non stop and the two little devils on the other hand, became very restless on the grooming table. Kept shifting around when I tried to trim off their coats or blow drying them. It got so irritating that I have to tell Harrison to go away when he comes to the back. I need peace & quiet. I certainly can't work with the monster barking away with his thunderous barks which was amplified a hundred time by the concrete walls...

The moment Harrison walked away, peace and quiet once again. Even dogs knows who is bully-able. Amen.


No comments: