WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, August 21, 2009

My Chaotic Bag Story

I was reading the newspaper and came across the article "Bag Chaos" by a local columnist and what she wrote reminded me of a personal experience.
This particular experience of mine happened 5-6 years ago I think. I was flown into Penang for a day trip to attend some boring meeting and to collect some tender documents on behalf of the company from KOMTAR. It happened while I was standing in front of the security counter for a visitor pass in the lobby of Komtar (Penang) which was crowded with nobody else but men.
As I was rummaging thru my handbag for my license in my purse in exchange for the pass, as soon as I got hold of my purse in the maze of my handbag, I quickly pulled it out. To my horror, together with my purse, a tampon came flying out of my handbag too and landed right in front of me on the counter top. If it had flown a bit further, I can just pretend it wasnt mine. Or maybe I can even start staring at one of the man and pretended it was his. Yeah, I know, men + tampon, doesnt sound really right does it? But what the heck... lols :p Unfortunately, all eyes were on me and I just selamba picked it up and stuff it back into my bag, pretended it was just a thing at the same time hoping that none of those men realise what they had just seen :p As I was walking away, I caught one sniggering at me.... :p If only I could blush, I would have turned a permanent scarlet! (yeah, I dont blush. I think my skin is just a wee tad thick)..
So nowadays, to be safe, things that are not suppose to come flying out are kept in a zipped up compartment... hehehe.... I would not say that my bag is neat and organised. But the worst are just bits and pieces of tissues & scattered coins. You will definately not find a whole hardware shop or 7Eleven in it. Hehehehe....

No comments: