WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's Happening To Me???

I am very frustrated with myself.  My brain is going down the drain and I am totally careless.  Forget about the not-bringing-the-ticket-to-Aquaria episode.  This is worst.  When it happened once in the bluest moon, it is silly and might be a little cute even.  When it happened almost everyday, this is really frustrating and disappointing.

Last Monday (21/2), a friend initiated a 'happy hour' get together on Wednesday. I told her I might have a training on but let me check it out first.  Coincidentally, at that very moment, the person I supposed to check with, sms-ed me "Wanna join our training on 23/2?" and I replied, "Yes, see you on 23rd.". Somehow, I don't know why, I thought 23/2 was the following Wed and immediately told my friend that I would join her for the 'Happy Hour'.  I even jotted the training down in my calendar for 'next wed' which was very well 2/3 yet I didn't realized it.  I was actually looking forward to it.  Only to realized my blunder while happy hour-ing.  Sigh.... I apologized profusely and promised I would join next next Wednesday  9/3 (cause trainings are held only every alternate Wednesday).

In January, I registered myself for 3 workshops for February - 19/2, 26/2 & 28/2.  Attended the ones on 19/2 & 26/2 but missed the one on 28/2.  Not on purpose though.  I knew it was on 28/2.  But I thought 28 was a Tuesday.  I even marked it down in my calendar just so I won't forget.  Yup, you guessed it.  I marked it in 'Tuesday (1/3)' instead of 28/2 and still not realizing it seeing it everyday.  On 28/2 (Mon), I still goes to work as usual.  Dance training at night.  Got home, organised my papers, get everything I need for tomorrow's workshop ready.  When I was at the security counter signing in the attendance, I even wonder how come everyone already signed out? We need to sign in & out.  I just thought that they do it one short.  Only to realised my blunder when I was told by one of the trainer that the workshop I suppose to attend was yesterday.  At this point, I am so so pissed with myself already.  When I got home, the husband was still around and he went "what happened?" and I told him.  He told me that he remembered I told him it was on Monday yet he don't know why I said it was Tuesday after that. 

And last night, I reminded the husband that I won't be joining him for dinner tonight and I'll only be back about 10pm plus cause I'll be attending the training.  Also, I've also emailed my friend apologizing for my mixed up previously and if we can meet up earlier to discuss some issue before the training start.  I also promised I'll be there tonight.  Went to work this morning, all dressed up nicely for the training tonight also (I've the tendency to go casual on Wed).  Checked my email in the office and got a reply from my friend and it says "There is no training tonight.  Next Wed only have training. Alternate Wed.".  Only then it strikes me.

Then, another one.  I got a friend to help me get a pair of boxing gloves from Thailand.  She went and came back and got me a pair :).  I just don't know why it never crossed my mind to get a pair for the husband too.  Really, none.  Sigh.... wtf?!

Are these early symptoms of Alzeimer Disease?  I am so frustrated.  What should I do?  Gingko Biloba?

9 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Nothing to get frustrated about. I believe everything happens for a reason. Just take things easy for now.....maybe, you're biting off more than you can chew.....

And....NO....you're not having Alzheimer!!! So quit worrying!

Unknown said...

maybe you can set reminders on your hp to remind you of the activities on the actual day? :D

dont worry, it happens to the best of us.... at least i know it happens to me all the time :D

Redbabe said...

Jessica.. I did did the reminders on hp trick. I just note them in the wrong days. Unbelievable.

Big Cow said...

lol! i think we have a case of Kluangistis! :P seems like a lot of kluangites i know have this problem :P

mun said...

Perhaps there are too many things on your mind. Perhaps you can remind yourself to look carefully on the date on your calendar when you write appointments down.

What I Did Today said...

Totally sounds like me. When you come up with a solution, please let me know. :)

Redbabe said...

Alina: Sigh......

Jessica: you know wat, I somehow have a feeling that you are right about this whole 'Kluangistis' thingy...

Mun: Yeah, that's what i am doing now. Before noting them down, make sure i note them in the correct day. :p

WIDT: Hmmmm.....................

Cammie said...

hey,
it happens to me - is this a Kluangistis syndrome like what big cow said!
I was once attending a prenatal class at 8 clock; i was there at 8am, but it was actually at 8pm. I carried that paper schedule and i never read that "pm". SO angry with myself also.

Redbabe said...

Kamyean, i think it is in our Kluang water. infected our brain with this kluangistis. :(