WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun & Easy Sunday

Please be forewarned, this is a post with lots of photos.  Reason being, I was too lazy to write picture speaks a thousand word.  Better than me writing a thousand words. 
Having nothing else to do for the weekend (supposed to travel but plans changed), we decided to PLAY...! :)  Went for a morning touge with few friends along a secret stretch at 7:30am.  It never fail to amazed me how we can wake at that ungodly hour to play but not to work.  And, "Secret" cause:
(1) we do not want to congest the road 
(2) we do not want the white robbers to know where it is (white robbers = police). :p
It was a good drive though I was only the passenger this time round.  The air was fresh, the weather was perfect, the scenery were rather breathtaking.  Plenty of cyclist with tight butts were seen cycling along the stretch too.  Yeah, what a sight!  I was having a great time enjoying all that.  Hahaha...
And somehow, while being fling about in the car, still managed to click away.  
One tranquil scenery that zapped past us.  Believe me, this is not even close to the best yet along the stretch.  Didn't managed to snap anything when we passed my favourite spot.  The husband was too busy cutting in & out of corners.  No time to lose.  I'll probably take a drive on my own there next time solely for photography purpose.
We finally arrived at this little town about 30 minutes later.  A quaint little place with two rows of old shops running old fashion businesses - sundries, stationaries, fishing gears, coffee shops and so forth.  
Picked a little chinese coffee shops and had our breakfast there.  We ordered 'kon lo mee' and 'wan tan mee' but they actually were just the same.  Same kind of noodles, same kind of toppings - char siew & wan tan.  One was probably just darker in colour.  We whacked them anyway.  Were famished from the adrenaline rush.
We had the shopkeeper served us a big piece of freshly made char siew (roast pork).  The yummy aroma in the air was too irresistible.
So yummy than some even attempted to munch down their forks.  Hehehe...
Head back the winding stretch after breakfast and had another go at it before we head for home.  Spotted this 'clock shop' while we were at a traffic light.  I wonder what kind of clock/watch they have inside or are they still selling clocks.  Interesting. It has been ages since I chance upon shops like this.  This reminds me that I should start exploring our own very own backyard instead of everywhere else.
The butt of a S2000 that were playing together.  Nice ya? Other than this yellow banana, we also have a Type-R, a MX5 and 2 MRS including ours'.  Just 5 cars that morning.  Personally, I prefer smaller group.
Told you it was a lovely morning didn't I? :)  Those blue sky and thin cotton white clouds *love*.
This was taken while we turn the corner at a traffic light.  I thought the whole composition of this picture were 'whackily serene'.  The half covered restaurant by a blue canvas, the tables & chairs so closed to the main road, scattered flower pots, skewed traffic light and what I like best was the regular customers enjoying their morning cuppa while reading the paper, oblivious to all the cars and bikes that were zooming by. :)  My whackily serene shot.
Got home about 11am, catch up on the disaster in Japan over CNN, freshened up before we head out again.  Went downtown to Pavillion (my fav spot these days) and hopped over to Fahrenheit for Uniqlo.    Gotten myself a new pair of cargo pants there.  The one I had was like a hundred years old and was so tight till the button could pop anytime.  It felt so uncomfortable.  No, it was not it's fault. The fault was mine.  I put on weight on all the wrong places. :(
Spotted this group of either AX's models/promoters outside Pavillion.  AX was having some kind of promo thingy I think.  But seriously, how cool is it having bunch of mannequins displayed on a modified container plus a bunch of girls & boys walking around?  Hmmm... I can't figure this one out really.
At Fahrenheit, there were two of these F1 cars on display in conjunction of the race season.  I was never fascinated by F1.  I tried to understand and enjoy the sport.  It just doesn't get in my system.  Same goes for golf, badminton, football and etc.
After gotten what I needed, we went for tea at Toast Box.  Love Toast Box.  Not only were their prices reasonable, their food were ok too and best part is, I get to marvel at how they make our coffee and tea, the old fashion way each time we were there.  

8 minutes for a perfect half boiled eggs :)  We saw that's what they set on the timer.  Now you have it.  The secret art of making half boiled egg.  Lols...  Oh, btw, did I mentioned that while we were queueing up to order, a tourist requested me and a malay girl in front to pose for him.  *ego boosted max*
We had packets of nasi lemak (coconut milk rice with egg & anchovies) too.  The husband had 2 and I, just one.  Not up to the standard I like, but ok la... I was hungry anyway.  We sat there for a little while after that, chatting away, at the same time, 'people-watching' too.  It was quite a nice Sunday we had.  Of cars, food plus a little shopping. :)  Fun & easy.  I always love a day like this one.

2 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Sounds exhilerating and fun! It's so nice to have a perfect day every once in a while. I guess we appreciate them more when they aren't super common.

Big Cow said...

Toast Box sounds good wei! :D