WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mayday! Mayday! Ratatouille In The House!

Today is historical.  After caring for my furkids for more 10 years with never ending love and kindness, spending uncountable monies on kibbles, treats, groomings & holidays, picking up poos & pees, they finally decided to repay me (besides the joy and laughters of course)...







... with this!

Spotted it the moment I unlocked the gate.  I just screamed and ran, with padlock in hand, for dear life.  The gate was still closed.  Rumba, Sunshine & the usually noisy Husky just stared up at me, dumb struck.  There, right outside the gate, laid a dead rat!  That really scare the shit out of me.  Wtf!  My cute innocent looking doggies killed a rat!  They probably thought it was a squeaky toy.

Message the husband about the dead rat.  He replied... "Use the spade (he meant the dustpan)" and I went "No".  You see, I've this thing about dead animal carcasses.  I simply would not touch or walk near them.  Except for chicken/duck/fish of course.  Those are for eating and that's ok.  But dead gold fishes or any pet fishes, are not ok.  And so are dead cockroaches, lizards, birds & etc.  :p  So for that purpose, I would engage an undertaker and they usually come in the form of the husband.  Lols.

For the rest of the day, while I was out, I was so worried that Rumba would chew the dead rat as she would with her toys.  Luckily she didn't.  The husband came home in the evening, cleared Ratatouille, disinfected Rumba & Sunshine with Dettol wipes and I, washed down the back.  Return of normality.  Phew!  What a day!

1 comment:

Big Cow said...

Eeeks! I get all geli-fied by dead inedible animals too! Eeeks! bulu all standing just thinking about it! Eeeks!