WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pleasing to the eyes, fuzzy to the heart

A girlfriend of mine bought me this from Cameron Highlands when she was there over the weekend for some work.  The flower may be the loveliest thing that greeted me this morning, but it is the gesture that touches my heart.  I appreciate simple gesture and thoughts like these very much.  

Collected it from her late last night after attending my first group training at the head office regarding unit trusts.  I am beginning to enjoy it and is even a little glad that I participated this whole thing.  Strange but true.  Not so much on the monetary gain (it really is very minute unless one is super motivated & aggressive), but more for the knowledge gained.  Anyway, that was my main objective for joining in the first place.  I am somehow tickled by all these 'personal financial' thingy now.  Believe it not, my bedside companion these days are Kiyosaki, Yap Ming Hui and even KC Lau.  Kinky huh?  Lols...

If our parents have known them at their time, we would have been millionaires by now. ;)  But then again, it is never too late.  We can always prepare our next generation. :)

6 comments:

Princess said...

lovely flower, nice blog

What I Did Today said...

I'm all for giving the next generation the best we possibly can. Beautiful flowers.

mun said...

Nice flowers. Is it in a pot for you to plant? I suspect one of your main love language is "receiving gifts". Have you tried the "5 love languages quiz"?

On the 'personal financial' thingy, I have also read most of the books out there but my risk profile is almost nil so no buying many properties for me, be a landlord, having multiple income streams by writing books or etc; or investing in stocks for that matter. Knowing the theory is one thing, having the appetite to take high risk is another thing. Another factor is luck - sometimes one just does not have the luck. Everyone would be millionaires by now if it is as easy as just reading books. :)

Redbabe said...

Hmm....i followed your link and took the quiz. As a wife, errm, it was 'quality time'. As single (friend), it was 'act of service'. 'Receiving gifts' were almost last. :p I guess i am just truly appreciative when friends take the trouble to get something that they know I'll like. The value is irrelevant. It is the gesture.

Hahaha... you are totally right re the millionaire part. Lols....nevertheless, it is interesting to know more.

Cammie said...

it is called Gloxinia! Lovely flower!

Redbabe said...

Thanks for the name Kamyean. I was just looking for the name.