WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Online Groceries Shopping

I am so sleepy and tired now.  There are simply too many things going on lately.  Anyway, something to share before I head for the bed.

I was recently exposed to another method of shopping for lazy busy people!  Lols... No, not for clothes/shoes/bags/wigs/sex toys(oopst! lols)/etc.  What I discovered is even more interesting than those things. It is online shoping for groceries!
And I actually likes it!  No need to drive out to the supermarket, walking down the endless aisles of items, pushing along the cumbersome shopping cart (which injured my little toes pretty badly once), queue up the long line to pay for the items, stuffing everything (groceries shopping usually involves MANY bags) into the only space I have (the passenger seat), drive home, proceed with bringing all the heavy bags from the car to the house.  That's a lot of work ok!
All I have to do now is just browsing thru the many online groceries store in the comfort of my home (while sipping coffee, msn-ing, fb-ing, tickling the piles of fur at my feet (Rumba & Sunshine)), compare the prices of what I need from many different online store, click click click and VOILA! 

Some charge a minimal delivery fee, some doesn't.  Usually are just about RM5-10 depending on your area.  Still cheaper compared to the petrol, toll and parking that we have to pay and not forgetting, the many other unneccesary 'on-the-way' purchases plus that coffee break or that 'feel'... to pamper ourselves to some good lunches.  Yes, I know all those... and don't tell me it doesn't happen.  Hahahaha...
Some require a minimum order value and some doesn't too.  You can choose to either pay online or COD.  Just make sure there is someone at home to receive your orders on the selected delivery time.  Easy isn't it?
Best part is, I get a FREE orange too!  Haha.. that's just for sampling.  Seriously, now I don't need to look like a mad woman with messy hair and oily face lugging hundreds of bags and stuffing them all into a car too small. :)  I think this is espcially good if you are buying big and heavy stuff like liquid detergents, oil, rice, toilet rolls, canned food and so forth. 

If you wish to give it a try, here are few links that I've explored.  Go check them out and let me know if their prices are as competitive as the 'real' supermarkets outside. I will love feedback so that I can save more on the groceries and splurge more on the shoes!  Yes, the priority sounds right. :p



So, it is goodnight for now. :)  Have fun!

4 comments:

mun said...

Thanks for the online links! Would be very handy when I am old and can no longer venture out of the house. For now, I still like to choose the things I buy personally, hehehe.

Alina Grace said...

Cool!!!! So, which one did you use?

missyblurkit said...

good idea. at least i won't overshop now that i have started "operasi no spending" for the month of march.

Redbabe said...

Mun: hahahaha.....

Alina: I used VirGrocery. But i think generally their prices are more or less the same. Some things maybe more expensive, but some maybe cheaper.

Missy: You too? Operasi no spending. Bagus. I like.