WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Revelation: No Swimming Please.

Just got home from swimming. Swam only 1.3 laps and concluded that I actually hated swimming. Now I know why I only swam less than 5 times throughout my 8 years in Court 9. :p It was never about laziness (which I thought it was), I simply dislike it.
When I was just a tiny bitty baby, I was never much of a water baby either. As far as I can remember, I always ended up screaming my lungs out whenever I was thrown into the pool by mom or I would just cling to her so tightly for dear life. And the best part is, I wont even allow her to swim... hahaha...
***
As I grow older (Std.4 & 5), whenever I was in Singapore to visit mom during the school holidays, she even arranged for a friend of her's to give me swimming lessons to fill up my free time during her working hours. Still, I failed miserably. The moment he let go of my hand, I'll be splashing around trying very hard not to get drown. I simply panicked. Those lessons usually ended up with me gulping down mouthful and mouthful of water. So, please don't mind me if I seems kinda weird sometimes. It was the chlorine.
***
Come secondary school (Form 4 & 5), Kluang has its' first public pool and our school, the Canossian Convent has its' first 'Swimming Club'. I joined the club hoping to master the secret art of staying afloat. Didnt managed to float but was made President of the club instead. What a joke. A Swimming Club that has a President that can't swim. I was that popular then. Cant help it. Ahemm...!
***
It is indeed a miracle that I eventually managed it. As I used to spend lots of time in an Aunt's place in Singapore who owns a pool, what I did was, I visualised the strokes the night before. Memorised it. For eg, first, the hand goes like this, then the legs kick and so forth. Then, I braved myself and put theory into practical. It works. :p So basically, I can only do breast strokes and nothing else... hehehe
***
Like I said, it is indeed a phenomenon that I swims now. Not only that, I actually scuba dives too. The strangest part is, there is a nagging feeling that I might be hating that too.... :p

4 comments:

Clarins said...

i want to swim too....i missed swimming so much!!

Redbabe said...

I hate swimming :( hehehe

Alina Grace said...

Hahahahaha....you so cute! You actually hate swimming...

Redbabe said...

hahaha... yeah.. I actually hate swimming. what a surprise!