WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Queasy Queasy (No. No bun in the oven.)

Finally, some free time to blog and in the mood to write too. So many things happened over the last few days that I was missing in action (that is, in blogsphere). To start with, I am still feeling queasy from food poisoning. It was the aftermath of beer + over spicy kung pau chicken + exhaustion from walking too long under hot sun. The worst part of my food poisoning is, there was no 'outgoing'. Meaning, no lousai (purging) or vomitting. Just stomach full of gas churning around like the inside of a washing machine and the constant urge to puke. You know, the whole motion of puking minus the substance? Like that la... wtf... If only something is out, I would have felt much better. But then again, I am feeling much better today compared to last night. Last night was terrible.
***
Naturally, with all the queasiness, I dont have the mood to upload pictures yet. :p Though we got back from K.Kinabalu almost a week ago, mom only left KL for Kluang yesterday. I am sure she had had a great holiday this trip. She stayed over at her cousin's place last Thursday and joined them for a 2d/1n trip up Genting. She kept reminising to us the great fun she had with all her favourite cousins when she got back. Hehehe.... I guess that's how a senior citizen life should be.... hehehe... carefree & easy and surrounded by good company/love ones always. No point wasting time on unwholesome company. :p

When mom was at her cousin's, I took the opportunity to meet up with my best buddy from school days, Ann, before she goes back to US tomorrow. It has been a yearly ritual for us for the longest time I can remember. We will hangout as much as possible every year that she is back here in Malaysia. Unfortunately, this year, we only managed to hang out once due to her's & mine tight schedule. There will always be a next year. ;)
I've finally finished reading my Christmas present from Terri. The Time Traveller's Wife. A sad story in a nice way. Quite a good read nevertheless. The story started off pretty boring and confusing due to the many different years. When you thought that it will never have any 'high-point', it begin to get interesting (3/4 into the book). It is about this guy named Henry, who is a time traveller due to some cacat-ness in his gene. He is not able to control where in time to travel to. He will just vanish and reappear somewhere else and return. So basically, he met his wife when she is 6 and he is 36 and subsequently married her when she is 22 and he is 30. He died at 43 from an accident while time travelling. His wife continue living on and met him again for a short while when she is 82 and he is 43. Romantically sad but sweet. Sigh...
***
There are still some things I wanna talk about, but I gotta go out already. Just realised my credit card bill is way over due. Shoot!


2 comments:

mun said...

Good to hear that you are feeling much better now. Miss your post.

Redbabe said...

Thanks for missing me. :)