WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Party

Salsa Havana's contract with the Federal Hotel has finally come to an end on 31st Oct 2009. It had been a marathon of parties for the whole of last week. It was like everyone was trying to squeeze out every last bit of fun they can from Salsa Havana before it closes it's door. The highlight here of course would be the Halloween Party last Friday (cause I didnt go for the last party on Sat :p). Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it was a madhouse. It was packed with salsaholics from all walks of life to the brim and there were hardly any room left for that spin or twirl. It was nevertheless, fun 10x!

Majority of the crowd turned up dressed to the occassion and i.e. Halloween! Here is a photo of me & Harrison taken with the "Sweet Witch" (Alina) and "Count Dracula"(Mike). They really put in great effort in their costume. If there were a best dress award for the night, I would surely nominate these two. The scary make-up were good too... very realistic. Good job Alina! I was told later that their puppy, Bubbles, was growling and barking at Mike when he got out of the room completely dressed and make up. Hahaha.... Even his own dog couldnt recognise him.
Mine was pretty much a last minute thing (if you call that dressing up to the event even). On the very last minute, I remembered I've a 'horn' stored in the christmas deco box in the storeroom. Managed to dig it out and went just with that. If only I've got a devil's spade/fork plus a tail, it would've completed my look. Lols... chin chai la... whatever goes la... :). Yeah, I know, the husband looked pretty sane here which is a little insane. I've suggested for him to go as Wong Fei Hong since I managed to find a very traditional chinese shirt and he went like.... "Huh? Nope. No thank you.". Ok, it's a democratic society. I shall respect that. No forcing. Hehehe..
Here are the other characters/monsters in the house. From left to right: Pirate/Robin Hood, Count Dracula, Greenkenstein, Egyptian Mummy and Dark Vader. There were many many more. It was really quite a sight that night. You'll see Count Dracula dancing away with the Angel or Egyptian Mummy doing the spot-turn. Hehehehe... I actually suggested that they should all go for a walk along the busy road down below and go yumcha at a mamak. It will surely cause a disruption in traffic. Lols.....
After the party, we decided to cross over to Paparich for supper. We got the Count Dracula to cross the road first. With fangs in his mouth plus the flapping black cape behind him as he crossed, it somehow dramatised the whole scenario. The traffic actually slowed down and the people on the other side of the road were momentarily grounded on the spot just staring at him. They couldnt decide whether to scream or to laugh. Lols.... it was so hillarious. The 'Sweet Witch' and the 'Sane one' were laughing so hard that they forgot to cross. Lols...
***
Overall, it was a great party. I had fun. Not so much on dancing though. Kinda bored with it after the week before. Just had fun seeing fun & sporting people dressing up to the occasion creatively! And now, I can't wait for Christmas party. Hopefully, there will be another theme party.
***
As if we dont have enough celebrations being a Malaysian, and now, we are adopting the western's ones too. Lols...






2 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Wakakakaka.....it was a fun night, huh? Yeah...I'm wondering when is the next dress-up costume party...

Redbabe said...

yeah.... can't wait... should be xmas la... :) *keeping finger crossed*