WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Drive Up & Down The Hill

Friday night, got home after dinner at Tony Roma's. The wife felt restless staying-in on a Friday night and the husband need to test out his new suspension and off we went for a drive up to Genting Highlands (again) at 9pm plus.
***
The first part of the drive was pretty misty. As we were nearing the top, it cleared out. I kinda like it with the mist though. Yeah, I am weird like that sometimes. The husband drove very conservatively that evening due to the still wet roads from the earlier rain. 'Conservatively' meaning, slow & careful unlike his usual mad self like kena possessed by some daredevils like that.

We reached the top and headed downhill straightaway to get to that particular spot for practise. We parked the car on a safe corner, got out, jumped over a moderately large drain, got onto the cliff, set up the tripod and I was ready to start clicking away.

It was so cold that night. Luckily I remembered to grab a knitted sweater (by my mom) on way out. Otherwise, will surely turned into ice popsicle in no time especially the wind was so strong that night.
The husband have zero sweater on. He said "no need" when I asked him earlier. Fine. If he wanna be a hero, he shall be a hero. Like I said, it is a democratic society :) lols... As I was meddling with the shutter speed & aperture, he was fighting back chattering teeth. At least something to keep him busy...hehehe... Told him to go wait in the car but he refused... hero mah...lols...
We were at that cliff for about half an hour before we moved on downhill. Spotted the 'Chin Swee Temple' and decided to drive in to look see look see. It was in there where I took shots of this beautifully lighted up pagoda and some night views.

As usual, it was a pleasant & nice outing. All always were. :) Thru this short trip, I realised two things:
1) Firstly, we realised that it is safer to go for photography practise with more people cause whenever a car pullover where we are, we will suddenly go all alert worrying they are up to no good.
2) And secondly, I think I seriously need a 18-200mm lens (Merry Christmas people!) lols
Hehehe...

2 comments:

mun said...

I like the photos of the pagodas. Can be used as postcards. *thumbs up*

Redbabe said...

That's exactly what I told Harrison when I was reviewing in the LCD. I said "eh, can use as CNY greetings postcard le...".
Great minds think alike. :)