WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The 'Real' Oven & My Banana Cakes


Finally, a 'real' oven! Decided to bake some banana cakes tonight because we've some very ripe bananas leftover from Chor Yat (1st day of the lunar month). If I don't do something about it, it will surely end up in the bin. Since we have a 'real' oven now, why not? It will certainly be a pleasure to bake with. :)

(freshly baked banana cupcakes... yummy yummy!)

Why I kept mentioning about a 'real' oven is because, since the day I started to bake, I've always been using a convection oven instead of a 'real' oven, ermm.. I mean, conventional oven (convection... conventional... so confusing). Not that a convection oven is lousy for baking, in fact, they are better. They cook faster thus save energy & time. The problem for me was, whenever I bake cookies or something like that, I need to bake a few rounds cause my convection oven is small and it doesn't have multiple trays. Therefore, can't fit all at one go.
*
Also, eventhough according to some expert, that a convection distribute heat more evenly compared to a 'real' oven, I found it not quite true for my case cause most of the cakes that I baked thru a convection turned out uncooked in the inside and burnt on the outside. That's why, I've always been longing for a 'real' oven.

(am so glad it turned out alright!)

Imagine my joy when I finally have one 'real' oven. How can I resist to not do something about the bananas? hehehehe...

3 comments:

traCe said...

I want a bite of it...looks yummy!!

Redbabe said...

hehehe... come la come la...

just that, it is a little too sweet. I forgot i have to reduce the sugar content of the recipe. :p

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

wow, looks yummy......