WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 1 @ Cherating

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...
pitter patter pitter patter.. woh oh woh....
listen to rhythm of the falling rain...."

That's exactly what we did for the last 3d/2n while we are in Cherating. It was raining almost non-stop. It was so cold and we don't even need the aircond. All I brought was singlets, singlets & singlets! Cold until wanna die arr...! Luckily they have hot showers as well as in-room coffee & tea. Otherwise arr, I don't know how la...
*

The weather was gloomy when we set off from KL at 9:30am. Harrison drove first half of the journey and I took over the second half cause he said he can barely open his eyes (*&$#@!). You see la... teruk or not?? Every night WOW-ing... night don't wanna sleep, day don't wanna wake up.... (direct translation from cantonese...lols).


(I think if I had snap from the other side, I might be able to catch his saliva drooling...lols)


(passing thru some state's border I think. It's a bridge ahead.)


We arrived at Ruby's Resort at about 12:30noon and it was already drizzling quite heavily. Ruby blamed it on us; the KL people, for bringing the rain. I went like... "EXCUSE me???". Buta-buta kena blamed pulak...! But nevermind la... chin chai la... afterall, she gave me an orange when I checked-in (I am not sure whether the orange is for me or not. It was sitting on our receipt & breakfast vouchers like a paper weight when I went to collect my vouchers.). Anyway, it was a sweet orange.. so, whatever la... blame blame la...

(Rumba's silhouette)

After unpacking all our luggages & settled down, we had lunch at the resort cafe. I had a yee mee which is a little too salty while Harrison had some fried rice. Ruby came by to chat for awhile while waiting for the rest of the guests to arrive. She is very warm & humourous and made us feel at home immediately.

(Rumba & Sunshine at the beach when the rain stopped. Kept running back when the waves came in)

Later in the evening, we headed downtown for an ATM machine. On our way, we passed by many little stalls selling Keropok Lekor. I, being the glutton one, manage to convince Harrison to stop by at one. I quickly ran down to buy some (RM2 for 12 pieces) and it was very fresh and tasty. Even the chilli sauce taste better than those sold here in KL.

(where they fried the Lekor. I wanted to take photo of the makcik-makcik rolling the lekor, but they look very serious, so I thought better of it)

You must be asking how we ended up in Ruby's Resort during the monsoon??? We were too excited, that's why. You see, sometime ago, there was this article written about Ruby' Resort published in one of our local newspaper. It mentioned that this unique resort does not only welcomes human guests but furkids as well on one condition, and that is, that we take up the whole resort. Harrison & I were ecstatic when we read about it! We have been wanting to see how Rumba & Sunshine reacts to the beach and never have an opportunity until then. An email to Ruby plus a couples more emails later with some other furkids lover, our trip materialised.

(the corridor to our chalets)

Ruby's Resort is a small resort managed by Ruby herself and a couple of helpful staff. There are 10 chalets with different occupancy; 2 persons, 4 persons, 6 persons or even 8. We stayed in this chalet for two called Lily. It was clean and cosy and we were very comfortable. The resorts were surrounded with plenty of beautiful plants.

(This the plant Ruby promised to give me once it has a baby plant)

Anyway, that night, we had our dinner in the resort's cafe again. The weather was bad, and we were too lazy to go anywhere. Furthermore, we dont even know where to go. So we just stay indoor to read. It was a cozy evening!

4 comments:

traCe said...

lovely resort... your furkids are lucky and well behave. I think mine will run to the beach like sakai then end up di tengah laut..hahaha..psst.more updates pssst

Redbabe said...

hahaha.... hey... we plan to go in March. You wanna come? Bring your kids.

traCe said...

hahaha..celebrate Sunshine's birthday ah? ok ok count me in.. let me go botakkan the dogs ...hahahahaha nanti susah kering ahh..is your mom coming along?

Redbabe said...

Dont think my mom will be coming due to my granny's condition :(