WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Health Check Mess

When I logged onto Kenny's blog this morning, he was blogging about his health check-up. Coincidentally, that's exactly what I wished to blog about today minus the coconut size balls issue and all the complex tests he went thru. Mine only required blood & urine sample and they do not need to check my ahemm's size.
I was Pathlab this morning and had my blood & urine sample taken. This is my 4th health check I think. Each time when I was given a plastic bottle to collect my urine, I always have difficulty aiming my pee into the bottle without wetting the outside of the bottle. I mean, for guys it would be easy la... all they have to do is just direct their ahemm into the container. For us women, can't they give us something that's tailored for us??? I always wonder does women in general faced the same kind problem like me or it is JUST me?? Or maybe I am lousy at aiming... but then is it my job to aim?

Before today, I've been wanting to have my health check since Monday. Unfortunately, somehow or rather, it just didnt happen. On Monday, I arrived at this other Pathlab branch in Taipan freaking hungry at 12:50 noon (fasting for 12 hours), only to find a "Out For Lunch (1~2pm)" sign hanging on the glass door. My legs were wobbly and my hands were shaky. If I were to wait till 2pm, that is if they are even back, I would probably be dead by then. Feeling kinda pissed, I head for for Burger King instead and gobbled down a French Chicken Burger + fries + strawberry sundae + sprite. Yes I did. Everything. No leftovers. Believe me, I can eat if I want to.
The best part was, when I went back to the lab later in the afternoon to enquire about some discounts and brought up the early lunch break they took, the staff denied that they left for lunch early. I was quite annoyed but I told myself to forget it. I guess we probably shared a different time zone. Nevermind.


On Tuesday, I screwed up all my plans by waking up only at 12noon. I havent been feeling well lately and my sleep was badly affected. That's why the haywired sleeping hours. I was supposed to wake up earlier and get back to Court 9 to look for some vouchers which entitled will entitled me a good 40% discounts from Pathlab. However, by time I am fully awake, I gathered that I would not be able to get to Pathlab before 12:50noon. I gave up the idea altogether...


Now you know why I only finally did my blood test today. And in the end, I didn't managed to find the discount voucher amidst piles of my junk and ended up paying RM260 for a standard blood test which should only cost about RM160 with the vouchers. I believe I have thrown them all away sometime ago cause at that time, I thought, who would do blood test twice a year??? (now i know i would).


Maybe I should start keeping all sort of vouchers for 'just in case', and of course a watch that tell time of different zones. Then I would not have so many problems... Symptoms of getting into 'Aunty-ism'... die.. die..!
Sigh... For time being, don't wanna think so much la.. I would just crossed my fingers (+ toes) and whatever else that can be crossed, and wait patiently for my test result this Saturday. Hopefully I am in pink of health! Insyaallah...

No comments: