WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 2 @ Cherating

We were awaken rudely in the wee hour of the morning by someone calling our names loudly... "Gladys... Harrison... hei san lor...." (in cantonese, wake up lor). I quickly jumped onto my feet and went to the window. Thought hantu or what, so 'mang' meh... only to see Unc Barren with Snowboy at the corridor. Was delighted to see them and quickly washed up to meet them at the cafe. When I check out the time on my watch, I went like.. "tiu lor.... only 7:30am!!!! Wtf??".

(Aunty Suzi & Snowboy)

Aunty Suzi, Uncle Barran, Aaron & Adrian arrived at midnight last night. They decided to visit Ruby in last minute. It was a pleasant surprise for me as well as for them. They only been told I was there upon arrival by Ruby. You see, Ruby is Unc Barren's younger sister. That's why the visiting.


Aunty Suzi is my 'aya godmother' like that la... She taught me how to paint on stones. Now you know who my 'sifu' is. Aunty Suzi is a stone and pastel artist (read properly. She is not a 'stoned' pastel artist but stone & pastel artist. lols). Basically, she paints on anything that can be painted on; fabric, wood, wall & etc. She does the mural for Turtle Sanctuary next to Ruby's Resort. Didnt manage to capture any photo of it cause the weather was too bad. She can paint anything but she loves to paint animals especially. You can find more of her artwork at Universal Stones & Arts Painting. She did some souvenir stones for sale at Ruby's Resort too. Mainly of doggies for dog lovers who visited the resort.

(Aunty Suzi's babies)

(Taking stock of her babies.. Beagle, checked. Schnauzer, checked. Maltese, checked. Oh no, where is Fluffy the 3 headed dog???)


(saw this funny looking moth outside the souvenir shop which initially I thought was a piece of decorative wood!)


They have all sorts of animals in Ruby's Resort. Besides the wood looking moth, they have dog, cats, rabbits, turtle & etc. The last I heard was, if given the opportunity, I might even see some wildboars running around. I am not sure they (the wildboars) wants me to see them. Cause all I can see are 'Curry San Chu Yuk' (wildboar curry). :p

(The leatherback turtles. They seems to be whispering about something. Must be my hair.)


(me with a baby turtle. "Say cheese for the camera turtle... or I gonna double boil you")



(Stout, the black labrador. Ruby's son.)

(Happy the rabbit. But I think he/she is far from Happy. He/she looks sad to me. Must be the weight problem. He/she is fat.)



While we were lepaking at the cafe, a cat came close to me. I told the cat "go away. I am not a cat person". It seems to get the loud hint and decided to go up the pillar instead. Mana tau ended up not knowing how to get down. How dumb... so memalukan for cats in general.... dumb kitty kitty.... oh.. this dumb kitty also belongs to Ruby.

After breakfast, the rain stopped for awhile. We went to the beach again with Rumba & Sunshine. Today, Sunshine seems to be a little more relax with the waves and sometimes, even ran towards it. As for Rumba, she basically just sniffed around the whole beach on her own and had her nose full of sand. She refused to go near the waves and we gotta respect that. Afterall, she is a senior doggie citizen; 56 doggie year old by next March... you can never teach an old dog new trick.... hehehehe...

(Sunshine: I'll be good, don't go die please.... sob sob!)


(Rumba : Sniff.. sniff! I sniffed a bone buried somewhere. Here? There? Where arr?)


(Sunshine: Let me go please... I hate water monster!)

(Sunshine running away for dear life)

Later that afternoon, Unc Barren & Aunty Suzi brought us to this shop called 'Tong Juan" in Kemaman for its famous stuffed crab. It was super duper yummy! We both love it very much. It taste especially good with its chilli.

(the crab shell is stuffed 'pau pau' with crab meat. No shortchange one. RM7.50 per crab)

(the interior of the shop)

(Harrison acted all excited & happy dunno why)


(oh, kononnya he asked me to snap a photo of the signboard with its website so that those of you who visited Redbabe, can check out their stuffed crab.)


(It was so yummy that we even tapau some back to Ruby's)

That evening, Uncle Barran belanja us dinner at this restaurant near Residences Inn. Didn't get the name of the restaurant. We had curry fish head, blackpepper prawn and sambal sotong I think.

(the restaurant we had dinner)

Back in Ruby's we lepak for awhile with Aunty Suzi & her gang while Ruby & Aaron were boxing away with Wii games. For the record, Ruby sucks in games. She lost in boxing as well as tennis. Better stop kutuk-ing or I'll be banned from her resort next time or I wont get my baby plant. Aww... Ruby is such a sweet person!


Stout on the other hand, were a nuisance running all over the room creating crackling noise with his new found toy, the mineral water bottle. After that, Harrison & I wanted to go for a walk on the beach to get away from all the craziness but unfortunately, it started to drizzle again... haiz... In the end, we went back to our room and continue with our books.

No comments: