WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Christmas folks!

I came across this at a friend's site and wish to share it with all of you, my friends (and family) who pop by to check my on-goings every now and then.

This is just an excerpt of the note:

If buying something makes me happy it is only for a while, it does not last. Material happiness never lasts, it just give you a quick fix. After a while you feel lousy again and have to buy the next thing which you think will make you happy. I always think that if you need material things to make you happy, then you live a pretty sad and unfulfilled life.
Happiness must come from doing your life's work (be in teaching, building homes, designing, trading, winning tournaments etc.) and the money that comes is only a by-product. If you hate what you are doing and rely on the money you earn to make you happy by buying stuff, then I think that you are living a life of meaningless.

So, I think the point I want to put across is, I won't be getting anybody any Christmas present this year. Afterall, 'Material happiness only gives you a quick fix'. So, for this year, happiness must come from having me as your friend and if there are presents that comes with my friendship, it is only a by-product or an extra bonus for you. If you hate the friendship that I offered and are relying on the presents that enriched our friendship, then I think you must be quite miserable having me around. But, that doesn't mean I dont welcome presents you wish to lavish on me. Don't worry, I'll treat it as an extra bonus for me for having you as my friend.


p/s: if I had say anything nasty & mean and hurt any of you throughout this 2008, I am sorry. I know I am not in my best always and my patience, sad to say, quite limited most of the time. I burst pretty often and of course I know that doesn't mean I can use it as an excuse to do things I shouldn't. There you have it. My apologies. If you are somehow, somewhat & in some way, STILL feel kinda uptight about it, I nothing else I can do to help. :p Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friendship has always been the greatest gift... No Christmas presents or birthday presents needed, but if any... I will still cherish it and accept it with grace.. :)

Thanks for your Christmas present.. :)

Redbabe said...

You are most welcome....:D