WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sweet Serendipity

I first came to KL in 1995.  Rented a room and had my laundry done at a laundrette across the street.  Day in day out, I would send my laundry like any other day.  Started my first job in 1996 and bought a nice suit for more than RM200.  It was pretty expensive by my standard at that time.  Instead of sending it for regular cleaning, I opted for dry cleaning instead thinking that the they would be extra careful with it.  Unfortunately, it came back with a broken zip.  I made a hoo haa out of it and they agreed to had it fixed.

One fine day in 1997, decided to pay a visit to my paternal grandparents in JB as well as my dad whom I've not seen since I was 8.  I don't even know how they look like.  While I was there, wanting me to know more about MY family, my grandparents brought out some recent photos of that time, to show me who is who in the family.  It was taken at a funeral of a family matriarch in Sabah (I think.. not too sure still).  And one by one, my Grandpa was pointing out to me... "This is you Granduncle no.2, no.3, no.4.......".  When he came to granduncle no.7, I thought he looked awfully familiar.  It then dawn on me he was my laundry man!  OMG.... ! o.O I hoo-ed haa-ed with my Granduncle no.7 over some rotten zip.. :p  shoot!  Anyway, he learned of my existence after that and I even went to his home once for his son's (my uncle's) wedding.  Skipped the dinner though cause I had a bad fall that resulted a bad ankle as big as a watermelon.  Missed an opportunity to meet strangers who are MY family.  

Over the decade, my grandpa & dad had passed on and I somehow had lost contact with the only granduncle I knew.  Tried visiting but wasn't exactly sure which house it was.  Strange but all memories just simply wiped clean.  And so, I just let it be.  Never thought of asking though.

Then, couple of weekends ago, as I was browsing thru FB while we were at Mont Kiara chilling out with the car boys, came across a photo of a girlfriend of mine (car/dog/run friend) taken with her mom.  I don't usually look at friends photos, more so to click on one. So it is weird when I clicked on her's.  I almost choke on my coffee when the photo pops up enlarged.  I was so kancheong that I forgotten that I have her mobile no in my phone and FB message her instead.


Holyshit right... what's the odd?  Meeting a family by coincidence twice?!  I still couldn't quite believe it.  A girlfriend is now a FAMILY! :)  How nice is that??  Not just some distance relative but pretty 'close' too.  Imagine this, she and my dad shares the same Grandpa?  This is neat right....  I better be more careful with my other friends who shares the same surname.  For all you know, could be family too... :p hehehehe... 

I guess this is what they called 'Fate'.  What a sweet serendipity!   *love*




1 comment:

mun said...

What a small world, eh!?