WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Of Surprises after Surprises (and after surprises)

Come 12th March, it will be 4 years since we registered our marriage.  Since I remember (I still confused sometimes.. whether it's 11th or 12th.. :p), I planned a short getaway for us a few days earlier.

For two weeks prior to it, I just told the husband to make himself free.  He was curious, but not curious enough and played along.  First I told him we were flying off to Langkawi.  Then as we were driving to the airport, I told him our destination were actually Malacca! :p hahaha... As he drove on, dreaming about how "Malacca satay celup" would taste in his mouth, the 'Port Dickson' sign came on and I almost choke on the grape I was munching on.  Kept pointing at the sign asking him to exit there... the only words that came out of his mouth was... "you LIAR!" hahahahaha.......
So, yes.  The surprise was Port Dickson... Hahahaha...  Introduces the husband to my vices.   Nice sun deck facing the sea and he is getting a hang of it. 
It was a great short getaway from the mad traffic in the city which has gone even madder with the last two days of heavy downpour and closure of the Smart tunnel (which is not very smart).
I like short getaway like this.  No distraction, no chores nagging at the back of our heads.  Just us.  Spending quality time, lazing by the pool, bathing in the sun
Enjoying the sunset too.  A nice lookout point over a glass of martini would have been lovely. :)
We had a quiet dinner on our deck with lapping waves beneath us.  It was nice.  Simple and peaceful.  Just us.  4 splendid years.  

2 comments:

mun said...

Happy 4th ROM anniversary! May you have many, many more happy ones.

Gerry said...

nice.. congratulations... :)