WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dilly's Daily Dilemma - Redbabe's Remedy

A listener called up to Dilly's Daily Dilemma this morning on MixFM.  His dilemma was, "whether he should propose to his long time girlfriend who will be working in New Zealand for 6 months".

And I, sitting in my car in the middle of a traffic jam wonders... "What kind of man is that?"  The fact that he have to call up to Dilly to solve his dilemma isn't it obvious enough? 

1) If asking someone he love to spend the rest of her life with him is a dilemma, then why condemed himself thru such a torture for the rest of his life. 

2) For so long they were together, he never thought of proposing.  Just because she is leaving for New Zealand for 6 months now, he suddenly thought of it.  How selfish is that?

3) The 'root reason' for this entire thing is totally wrong.  The proposal was out of fear more than out of LOVE.  Fear of losing her that's why the proposal.  One don't embark on a new journey together like that.

If I were the girl, I would run as fast as possible. :p  Obviously he doesn't love her enough to want her for life. There shouldn't be hesitation more so a dilemma.  If wanting me is such a dilemma, then might as well not.  :)

If I am the guy, I would use this 6 months as a test to our relationship.  If we survive, we will survived whatever else that comes after that.  I would visit her (if I can afford it), and probably, proposed to her at one of those many beautiful scenic spots in the land of the kiwis.  But if I can't afford it, I will make sure she knows how much she matters throughout the 6 months and propose when she return so that she knows I can't live without her.

Stupid guy.

2 comments:

mun said...

Did he explain why is it a dilemma for him? If he wants to marry her then just propose to her and then marry her when she comes back from NZ after 6 months. So I also don't understand about the dilemma part.

Redbabe said...

exactly. I also dont understand. What i am trying to say is, if he not even sure himself, why bother?