WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

St Patrick @ Changkat Bukit Bintang

This year, is my second time celebrating St Patrick @ Changkat.  Was there last year, sort of like a 'let's go look see then go home' kinda thing but ended up having a great time till way past midnight, had so much fun and swear that we will definitely be back next year (2012).  And this year, after another fun filled evening, all I can say is, "I AM SO GOING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!".  :)
If you have missed it, don't worry, there are few more that you can catch before the end of March!

29th @ Souled Out, Sri Hartamas
29th @ Backyard, Sri Hartamas
31st @ Jonker Street, Malacca (I think this gonna be so awesome)
31st @ Pelita Commercial Center, Miri

There were many highlights for this year's event @ Changkat - free goodies, clowns, shows, big bikes, pretty maids and so forth.  But what impresses me the most was these little bottles of mineral water handed out at various exit points at the end of the night, most thoughtful - "Don't drink and drive", "Drink sensible", "Know your limit".  *Thumbs up*
 
A brief history on St Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on March 17, the saint's religious feast day and the anniversary of his death in the fifth century. The Irish have observed this day as a religious holiday for over 1,000 years. On St. Patrick's Day, which falls during the Christian season of Lent, Irish families would traditionally attend church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon. Lenten prohibitions against the consumption of meat were waived and people would dance, drink and feast--on the traditional meal of Irish bacon and cabbage.

I seriously not sure what Guinness has to do with St Patrick's Day.  But I guess since it is a Irish event and Guinness is an Irish beer, over time it sort of became THE DRINK to commemorate that piece of history.  Well, for you & me, it would be another excuse to party. :)
The husband and I were first at Whisky Bar cause we have some vouchers there, second at Bar Flam cause I don't like sitting under the umbrella at WB (feel like being cut out of all the happenings) and third (also finally), at Loco cause we hated the beer at Flam. :p
It was at Loco, specially rsvp-ed for Media only, we had the best spot with the best view!  Check out the awesome crowd on the street down below and the fireworks up above!  What a party right?  I bet you wished you were there too.  Really, if you have never been, mark it down for March 2013!  You will not regret it. :)
Made some new friends....
... rekindled old ones :)
All I know is, it was a night filled with laughters.  Totally in line with Guinness' new mission to make March the month with most laughs!!!  My jaw were totally sore when I got home.  
 Probably from too much talking too.  Lols...
This year they have added more interesting things to the event.   They have set up an Aurthur's Lounge at what used to be Frangipani.  For a mere RM50 per entry, you will get to...
(1) Learn how to pour your perfect pint of Guinness.
First, tilt your glass 45 degree.  Then, pull the tab till 3/4 full.  Then we wait for about 1 minute till all the bubbles (white part) settled before pushing back the tab to fill up the rest of the glass .
There! Your perfect pint of Guinness.  Damn.. looking at the picture now makes me THIRSTY!!!! :(
(2) You will also get a Guinness glass personalised with your name!  How cool is that?!
While waiting for our personalized glass to be ready, we get to enjoy our pint upstairs at their lounge or, if you want to, you can just roam around the premise checking out the brief history of Guinness or even observe how the personalised glass was made. :)  I finds it very fascinating.  I always thought it was rocket science.  Not as rocket science as I thought if it can be done behind a counter! :)  I think RM50 is not a lot for it all.

Nice right?  The husband got one too!  I think it would look perfect for our new kitchen when it is ready!
Arthur's Lounge would probably be around for awhile.  Go check it out if you want a cool glass like that! :)
All I can say is, I am so going back next year. :)  I wanna get my 2013 Paddy's Hat to add on to my current collections (2011 & 2012)!  Happy St Patrick's Day peep! :)  Now go get drunk SENSIBLY.



Note: Photo credit to 3bittersweetlemon.blogspot.com & Guinness Malaysia's FB.

2 comments:

missyblurkit said...

it was so much fun! catch you next St Patrick's!

mun said...

Looks like you had a swell time. Love your last photo!