WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Of Touge & Crafting Books

Our Sunday started at 6:30am this morning for a touge.  Only for motorsports, can the husband hop out of bed at such ungodly hours, not forgetting, on a Sunday too, on his own without a single complain.  Instead, I was the one that needed to be nudged repeatedly to get out of my slumber.
The sky were still dark when we got out of the house.  But it was nice for a change to witness the beautiful dawn breaking out.
Our morning fix while waiting for the rest to arrive - Cappuccino from 7Eleven (only if you are desperate).  It was horribly sweet.  *bleks* 
It was just an OK drive this morning.  The road were still wet from last night's rain (& morning dew?).  A stretch were still covered in mist!  Nice though...   
A furry friend enjoying the morning cool air by the road at our usual breakfast place after our first leg. 

It decided to join us at breakfast.  I find this dog has very soulful eyes...  It's like there is so much he wanna say....
A short stopover on the second leg after breakfast to wait for those who didn't catch up, before finishing the remaining stretch and heading home.  Our morning touge would usually last just about 3 hours odd including breakfast.  Reason for those ungodly hours was because there would be less traffic at that time.  
It has been awhile since I last catch up on anyone's blog (yes, I am guilty but I am working on it :)).  I managed to catch up on Jamie's life @ 'What I did today'.  Other that her super adorable new born baby girl, what caught me was the crafting she did.  All those felt dolls, I suddenly missed sewing & crafting.  I felt so motivated and bought this two books when we were at Kinokuniya last night. :p

I intend to experiment with 'Felties' first.  Look simpler than all those sewing.  Just got back from Daiso and got myself some 'felt' to play with.  Let's just stay tuned and see how it goes. :p  Wish me luck!






Tōge or Touge (?) is a Japanese word literally meaning "pass." It refers to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geographically similar areas, like the legendary Nordschleife in Germany.
In order to decrease the incline of mountain roads, thereby making them easier for commercial trucks to pass, engineers place a series of S bends in steep roads that provide access to and from high mountain elevations. These passes have become popular with street racers and motorsport enthusiasts because they provide a challenging, albeit dangerous, course.

3 comments:

missyblurkit said...

hehehe...i missed this drive. was off with the classic cars for a change and rewarded with yummeh BKT:D

mun said...

Good luck and happy crafting! :)

Redbabe said...

Missy... so i heard. :) how's the classic going? How classic is classic? Old mini cooper too? I'm crazy about it. :p

Mun, thanks.. :)